GPS Navigation

calguy19

Reaction score
Already tried that. Menu, settings only has Cache Settings, Labs, followed by Information section. there is no place to set voice navigation. Running gingerbread 2.3 on droid x.

mastacox

Reaction score
For the OP, if you're curious about Google Maps / Navigation and you don't yet have an android phone to try it out, you can see demos here:

Google Maps Navigation for mobile

The best part of it is that anything you can find in Google Maps you can navigate to, no database updates every couple of years required. It also has real-time traffic that I've found to be useful for avoiding certain routes. It is very competitive as a navigation product, and the fact that its free is double icing on the cake!

calguy19

Reaction score
Hey guys -

Thanks for the addn'l info that voice nav was working on YOUR phones. Sort of eliminated the google app and the google servers as the source. I did yet another reboot, only this time, with a battery pull. Strangely enough, that fixed the problem!

Man, these droid phones are weird. Problems turn up for no apparent reason, but at least I finally got this one resolved. If pacemakers had the same reliability as these phones, there would be an awful lot of dead guys lying around out there.

Zandar

Reaction score
Hey guys -

Thanks for the addn'l info that voice nav was working on YOUR phones. Sort of eliminated the google app and the google servers as the source. I did yet another reboot, only this time, with a battery pull. Strangely enough, that fixed the problem!

Man, these droid phones are weird. Problems turn up for no apparent reason, but at least I finally got this one resolved. If pacemakers had the same reliability as these phones, there would be an awful lot of dead guys lying around out there.
You did a battery pull on your RAZR? Maybe I'm missing some context.

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
^^^^^ I had to back out and make sure I was in the Razr forum

Typed with my Rooted RAZR

mastacox

Reaction score
He has a Droid X, not a RAZR. Glad to see he got the problem fixed though, wonder if it had to do with some of the voice files getting corrupted/deleted?

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Never used the Verizon paid navigation, but with the free navigation from Google that is awesome, I will never have to. The Google Maps/Navigation is on par with, if not better than Tom-Tom, Garmin, etc.

I also just discovered you can buy SVOX voices from the Android Market and make the droid speak to you in different voices. Now mine sounds like some hot British lady. lol

Man, thank you x 1,000,000 lol. I had read that you could change voices but I never found any definitive info. Victoria is the shiznit lol!