GPS location sync wont turn off....

jbg25

Reaction score
So...I cannot figure out why this is constantly running. The only apps that show as running are swype, BT services and SetCPU. It is hogging my Memory and my Battery.

How do I find out what is constantly running?

I am running Cyanogen 5.0.5.7 but was experiencing this with 5.0.5.6 also. I guess it could be a problem with the ROM so will try flashing back to an earlier version or UD...but I have also downloaded a bunch of new apps like Ultimate Juice Defender and autoStarts to try and preserve memory and battery. So it could easily be one of these new apps.

I would love to figure out if there is a way to find out what program is using a specific function so in a case like this I can stop it.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
Wow...surprised I got no response at all!

In case anyone running ANY version of 2.1 (ROM or not) runs into this....It was the Google News Genie Widget that was not locking in with a location. Reboots and airplane mode did not fix....but this did:

Go to settings->Locations and Security->
- turn off both wireless networks and gps satellites->wait 30 seconds->turn back on.

If that does not work...replace the 30 seconds of waiting with a reboot.

Phone is soo much more responsive....Battery is holding a charge like a champ now. :icon_ banana: