Gps location and map

snappingfish

Reaction score
What is a good GPS & mapping app for my moto Droid?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'll have to clarify what exactly you intend to do. "GPS" and "mapping" covers a broad variety of topics that are best met with different solutions. Are you navigating while driving? Hiking? Tracking (and even with tracking are you tracking while driving or tracking while exercising)? Geocaching? Something else?

OP
snappingfish

snappingfish

Reaction score
nothing quite so intense....I have google map/nav, so I get the turn by turn. I just wondered if there is a single app that (1) would allow you to send a distress call that would include your coordinates, if you needed to and could, and (2) would let you enter an address and receive THEIR coordinates. Nothing too special, I would think.
Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nothing quite so intense....I have google map/nav, so I get the turn by turn. I just wondered if there is a single app that (1) would allow you to send a distress call that would include your coordinates, if you needed to and could, and (2) would let you enter an address and receive THEIR coordinates. Nothing too special, I would think.
Thanks

You do know about latitude, right? That will allow you to track another cell and it's in your maps. Other then 911 I'm not aware of anything else that will help, but there are thousands of apps. I don't know most of them.:)

OP
snappingfish

snappingfish

Reaction score
Thanks

You do know about latitude, right? That will allow you to track another cell and it's in your maps. Other then 911 I'm not aware of anything else that will help, but there are thousands of apps. I don't know most of them.:)

HEY HOOK....HI, AND THX. YOU SAID "You do know about latitude, right? That will allow you to track another cell"....How can I facilitate this feature? Will that allow someone to see on a map, where the caller is talking from? Thats interesting.
fish