GPS Issues

stephmhishot

Reaction score
My GPS was working just fine yesterday (it was being heavily used as I was navigating my way to over 50 various businesses in CT for my job) then suddenly today it never could find a GPS signal. Actually that's a lie, the one time it did it said I was in Europe. I tried restarting it, I removed the battery and let it sit and turned it on again and it still didn't work. Any ideas what could be wrong? Everything else with the phone works fine and I didn't drop it or anything, so I'm hoping there was just a satellite issue haha.

Bob_Stan

Reaction score
I have had good luck with slowly rotating the phone three or four times along each axis to reset the accelerometer. when I do that it seems to pick up the satellites almost immediately. I use the GPS Satellite widget to see the status of them - free app.

jakd

Reaction score
My GPS system, within Google Maps has worked great since I received my Droid, until now. It continues to search (which consumes the battery) but every time I ask for "My Location"
the response is "Your current location is currently unavailable". I have removed any apps that use GPS but it still does not work. Any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My GPS system, within Google Maps has worked great since I received my Droid, until now. It continues to search (which consumes the battery) but every time I ask for "My Location"
the response is "Your current location is currently unavailable". I have removed any apps that use GPS but it still does not work. Any ideas?

Are you attempting to find your location inside or outside? Go outside and get away from the house/building.

Did you try rotating it? To me that sounds kind of silly but hey it seems to work for somebody on this thread.

OK, seriously. If you've done all the basics, a restart of the device, a 30 second battery pull and that hasn't helped at all then try doing a factory data reset under your privacy section. See if that doesn't work for you.

cruzincat

Reaction score
I just went through the same thing this morning. I just tried rotating. Actually more like a figure eight scan, for about 5 rotations. Afterword it worked!