GPS issues

hdizzle

Reaction score
I recently had to switch out my droid and now my gps won't work. It won't lock onto a satellite no matter where I am. Is anyone else having a problem with their gps. It can find my location very quickly, but it can't lock onto a satellite to give me any turn by turn directions.

hinky

Reaction score
I recently had to switch out my droid and now my gps won't work. It won't lock onto a satellite no matter where I am. Is anyone else having a problem with their gps. It can find my location very quickly, but it can't lock onto a satellite to give me any turn by turn directions.
Mine can find the satellite but seems to be off by like 3-8 blocks frequently. Something very off with GPS.

toddegreene

Reaction score
The same happens to me occasionally. Either no satellites or a very inaccurate fix. This usually occurs after the phone gas been running for a bunch (very precise measurement) of days. I find a quick reboot solves the problem.

Last edited:

ShowTime

Reaction score
There was a thread here about calibrating your GPS signal. Might want to do a quick search for it and see if any of the tips in there work for you. Saturday night it did take my phone about 5 minutes to acquire a signal when I was trying to get directions, but since then no problems.