1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GPS issues

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by hdizzle, Feb 22, 2010.

1. hdizzle

hdizzle New Member

I recently had to switch out my droid and now my gps won't work. It won't lock onto a satellite no matter where I am. Is anyone else having a problem with their gps. It can find my location very quickly, but it can't lock onto a satellite to give me any turn by turn directions.
  2. hinky

hinky New Member

Mine can find the satellite but seems to be off by like 3-8 blocks frequently. Something very off with GPS.
  3. toddegreene

toddegreene New Member

The same happens to me occasionally. Either no satellites or a very inaccurate fix. This usually occurs after the phone gas been running for a bunch (very precise measurement) of days. I find a quick reboot solves the problem.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  4. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

There was a thread here about calibrating your GPS signal. Might want to do a quick search for it and see if any of the tips in there work for you. Saturday night it did take my phone about 5 minutes to acquire a signal when I was trying to get directions, but since then no problems.