1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GPS Issues

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by EastPhilly, Jun 29, 2012.

1. EastPhilly

EastPhilly New Member

Search function on here doesn't really help, so I'm just posting something new.

Anyways. I cannot seem to connect to GPS on my Droid 2. I turn on Run Keeper and it just searches and searches but finds nothing. i pulled out my Droid 4 and it found GPS signal (same spot) withing 2 seconds. Could the GPS radio on my D2 be defective? Can I get it fixed through Verizon/Motorola even if it is not my primary phone anymore? I only use it for music, GPS (when it works), and some apps.
  2. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable New Member

I don't know that GPS will function properly if the phone is no longer in service.
  3. EastPhilly

EastPhilly New Member

There's no reason it shouldn't. I know that the assisted GPS wouldn't work, but the regular GPS should work without data since it doesn't use data to work. I have preinstalled maps, but I am using it mainly for running/cycling and a distance recorder.
  4. EastPhilly

EastPhilly New Member

I fixed it. Used "GPS Status" app and it fixed onto the gps signal. If I keep gps on for a bit it will keep the search going for it and fix onto it fine.
Search tags for this page
android gps doesn't work anymore

droid 2 gps doesnt work

droid 4 gps doesn't work

droid x2 gps doesn't work

gps on droid bionic doesnt work anymore
gps radio droid 4