GPS issues

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by sharples, Jul 7, 2011.

1. sharples

sharples New Member

Hello all,

I've been reading as much information on this forum ever since I got my Droid Charge (my first Android phone, as I've always been a BB user). Anyway, I love my Charge, with the exception of the GPS......It seems to find the satellites no problem, however when I actually use it for navigation that's where the problem begins. The arrow on Google Maps or Navigator always bounces around, it cannot seem to get an accurate fix on its location (it constantly drifts). The arrow often points the wrong way. I have all 3 location services turned on, the WiFi on, the phone is running on the latest version of software (.EE4), and the phone was even recently factory reset. My old BB never had this problem, it was always accurate to within a few feet. Could it be a handset problem? I really need the GPS on it working properly as I do a lot of traveling. Thanks ahead for the info.
  2. Tuna61

Tuna61 New Member

Just a thought...try to calibrate the phone position sensor. That is where you move your phone in a figure eight pattern several times. I don't think you have to open any programs per say...just next time you open maps...move you phone in a figure eight a few times.

My phone did same thing when it was new..but i got a prompt to do the motion thing.

Sent from my Charge using DroidForums
  3. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 New Member

It's a Samsung, how could the GPS be good? It's almost embarrassing how much quicker my wife's IPhone is to get a lock on GPS than my Charge. The Iphone is virtually instantaneous and the Charge takes minutes.
  4. BeefJerky

BeefJerky New Member

My Charge usually takes between 2 and 5 seconds to get a solid lock outdoors. The most I've experienced is 15 seconds outdoors, and that was the first time I tried it. I also have no problems with accuracy on the Charge. I'm not sure why others are having problems with GPS, but mine works fine.
Search tags for this page

arrow pointing wrong way for gps on droid phone

droid charge recalibrate map

samsung charge gps calibration

samsung droid gps problems