1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GPS icon always showing up...

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by BostonDroid, Mar 11, 2010.

1. BostonDroid

BostonDroid New Member

The GPS icon is always showing up on the phone and therefor it is killing my battery. My battery didn't last 8 hours today and usually I can get a day and a half out of it. I think this might have started happening since I installed the new ESE53 rom... Not sure if that is the problem but I have no way of stopping this problem unless I turn off the GPS all together. Any ideas? Thanks for the advise!!
  2. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

Do you do a lot of internet browsing with Google as your homepage? A lot of times people close the browser before the page fully loads and the location finder hasn't finished yet so GPS gets stuck on. You can turn it off (without ANY adverse effects to searches, operation, etc). Scroll to the bottom of the page, hit Settings, and select No for "Allow use of device location?" (it's the last one). Beyond that, do you ever check your running apps when the icon shows up to see if there's a reasonably obvious one that may be pinging your location?
  3. crspang

crspang New Member

Shop savvy is bad about that too.
  4. LtKen

LtKen New Member

+1 -- there's some bug with the browser that doesnt let it release the GPS hardware until it's finished it's work. Hopefully this will be fixed soon, but for now, disabling GPS for Google.com is the best we have.
Search tags for this page

android gps icon always on

android gps icon stuck

android gps not showing up
android gps stuck

android gps stuck on

android gps symbol always on
android location symbol always on
droid dna why is location icon always on

gps icon always on android

gps icon android

gps stuck on android

why gps icon on phone
why is gps icon always on note 2
why is my gps icon always on
why is the gps icon up without location being on?