GPS freezes phone or randomly quits

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by elderlypunk, Oct 22, 2011.

1. elderlypunk

elderlypunk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I am running LGB 3.0 on an OG Droid. I've had an issue with GPS on previous roms and this is no different. Basically it randomly quits working (ie latitude stops update my location for hours or days) and also sometimes if I go to sign into latitude or maps, the GPS indicator comes up in the status bar, but then my phone will freeze completely and I have to pull the battery. After that it will work fine for a varying amount of time, but it always fritzes out again within a day at most. I tried the "Fix permissions" script on a lark, when didn't seem to help. Also I tried using zeppelinrox's v6 supercharger, which (while greatly improving performance) didn't help this issue either. Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

2. elderlypunk

elderlypunk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also this happens on my wife's D1 with identical setup, so it seems unlikely to be a hardware issue unless it's with all D1s in general. Thanks.

3. SaxaDroid

SaxaDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have no problems....and I haven't read many posts in the main thread....also why'd you make a whole new thread for this....also have you thought it might be something in how your phone is set up because its happening to you and your wifes???.I just assume you do both phones because I don't know many tech savy wifes.....have you tried gps status??? Did you check the sums??? Was it a good dl???

4. elderlypunk

elderlypunk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I made a new thread because I have seen this happen on multiple versions of liquid. When I said it wasn't a hardware issue, yes, I was implying that it was a settings issue on both my wife's phone and my own, rather than a hardware failure in my specific phone. I have GPS status, but it is useless when the major issue occurs. If my GPS seems to have stopped working, GPS status will kick-start it apparently. But if my phone seizes up (ie brick), I can't do anything without pulling the battery. Also, I assume the download is good, because it installed ok and otherwise runs fine (is that an invalid assumption?) Also, since it's happened on and off for several versions, I don't think that's the issue. Also, tonight I switched to go launcher ex... not sure why that would make a difference, or if it's just wishful thinking but the issue hasn't happened since I switched... (about 6 hrs ago) . Thanks.

5. MS2SF

MS2SF Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also have the same problem with my GPS. Sometimes I have to pull the battery sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't .

I also suspect it is not hardware related
    Also, I appreciate this being posted as a new thread.

Search tags for this page
android droid iv gps freezes

android gps freezes

android gps quits
droid x gps freezing
gps on phone freezes
my droid phone gps keeps freezing up
why does android gps freeze