GPS extremely weak

alboboy10

Reaction score
Sometimes actually the rom may give you GPS issues. I remember because when I had the thunderbolt I had a hard time with GPS. I rooted it and rommed it and my GPS became solid.

I'm telling you right now if you're having GPS issues your device is bad. I've hard three nexuses because of different issues. My first one was battery issues and some other minor things I exchanged it. Never had GPS issues on it. Second one Verizon sent me a "lemon" device which completely sucked and was not working at all...but the GPS was solid.
On my third nexus. The battery so far has been amazing. It can from early morning to late night all day on 4g with less than moderate use. The GPS has been SOLID, I can literally sit inside a room and 20 feet away from the door or any outside space and get GPS lock within a few seconds.

GPS status helps from the play store, but if you have to use that app it just means that you'll always have GPS issues so u should just exchange it.

Kenny Bats

Reaction score
I guess that's why there's so many complaints of slow GPS with the GN.

Yours works well because you happen to be in a good area to catch the signal. I'm certainly not going to download another battery draining app to see the barometer readings, no thanks.

Yeah that's it. The satellites that orbit the earth somehow don't reach your device.

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
Sometimes actually the rom may give you GPS issues. I remember because when I had the thunderbolt I had a hard time with GPS. I rooted it and rommed it and my GPS became solid.

I'm telling you right now if you're having GPS issues your device is bad. I've hard three nexuses because of different issues. My first one was battery issues and some other minor things I exchanged it. Never had GPS issues on it. Second one Verizon sent me a "lemon" device which completely sucked and was not working at all...but the GPS was solid.
On my third nexus. The battery so far has been amazing. It can from early morning to late night all day on 4g with less than moderate use. The GPS has been SOLID, I can literally sit inside a room and 20 feet away from the door or any outside space and get GPS lock within a few seconds.

GPS status helps from the play store, but if you have to use that app it just means that you'll always have GPS issues so u should just exchange it.

If only I knew how to exchange it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If only I knew how to exchange it.
Contact Samsung or whatever retailer you got it from. Let them know the problems you've had. The only thing that's working against you is the amount of time you've held onto the device.

DO NOT mention you've rooted and tried different ROMs. They will tell you that you've voided your warranty by doing so and will probably say your hardware issues are due to ROMing.

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
Contact Samsung or whatever retailer you got it from. Let them know the problems you've had. The only thing that's working against you is the amount of time you've held onto the device.

DO NOT mention you've rooted and tried different ROMs. They will tell you that you've voided your warranty by doing so and will probably say your hardware issues are due to ROMing.

I bought the phone from a website called evotronix.
Shouldn't I call Samsung directly and demand them to exchange?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I bought the phone from a website called evotronix.
Shouldn't I call Samsung directly and demand them to exchange?

Is that not what I suggested? Call Samsung or evotronix and see what they can do about your situation.

Reaction score
I'm sure GPS issues will be resolved with the update. Unfortunately, if you don't want to be a beta tester, you'll have to buy a windows phone...

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I just downloaded the app just to see for myself. Took 3 seconds to connect and said GPS excellent. Sounds like a phone issue. Did you use an aftermarket rom or kernel?

Reaction score
Yeah that's it. The satellites that orbit the earth somehow don't reach your device.

ha! gotta love the clueless "know it alls" on internet forums!

google "line of sight", and educate yourself. the guy that "liked" your post should do the same. why do you think it's hard to get a GPS signal lock indoors? but hey, i thought those satellites reached everywhere! :icon_eek: :D

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I trust where's my droid. The look on the guys face when I found my stolen droid in his hand. PRICELESS.