GPS extremely weak

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
nadav, you've had problems with this phone for months. We've given you tons of advice and options as what to do. You claim your phone is incredibly slow, can't hold a signal, lags, restarts, and now can't get a GPS signal. If I were in your shoes I would've sold the phone months ago. Sell it, get an iphone or s2 as you're obviously happier with those phones, and be done with it. I know the Nexus has its problems, but you seem to just keep piling on the negatives with no word of any positives. I give you props for hanging onto something that you absolutely hate, but it's getting old man...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No offense, but what's with all the GMS users on a Verizon site?
yeah we do get a few, but usually we're able to help. This particular user has been whining about his phone since he got it yet refuses to sell it and get a new phone.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Oh no. We've been trolled. I didn't realize it was the same person that had all the issues before.. I remember the (non) lag issue video. Bottom LINE conclusion: GPS working perfectly.

Close this troll (thread)

Sent from my non laggy Galaxy Nexus with the perfect GPS using DroidForums

Reaction score
Yeah, my GN can be extremely slow to lock the GPS signal compared to the other two android phones I've owned. This only confirms my suspicion that barometer was nothing more than a marketing ploy.

jimpetey

Reaction score
My barometer also works just fine. Quickest GPS lock on I've seen. You can see what your barometer is reading by using the app pressure.net. Neat little app.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he wanted to bash Android and praise the iPhone. Some college kids did a test between the Rezound and the iPhone 4S. It was a slaughter. They used a skateboard to trace figure eights and the iPhone trace hardly looked like a pattern at all much less a figure eight. The Rezound looked spot on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
nadav, you've had problems with this phone for months. We've given you tons of advice and options as what to do. You claim your phone is incredibly slow, can't hold a signal, lags, restarts, and now can't get a GPS signal. If I were in your shoes I would've sold the phone months ago. Sell it, get an iphone or s2 as you're obviously happier with those phones, and be done with it. I know the Nexus has its problems, but you seem to just keep piling on the negatives with no word of any positives. I give you props for hanging onto something that you absolutely hate, but it's getting old man...

I understand that what I'm doing looks bad from the side but I swear nothing in on purpose.
I don't want to sell this phone because although I have many problems with it in my mind I always give it a chance and I myself have hope that maybe these problems can be fixed.
Anways as for the GPS problems I'm going to upload a video just to show you what I'm talking about.

Oh no. We've been trolled. I didn't realize it was the same person that had all the issues before.. I remember the (non) lag issue video. Bottom LINE conclusion: GPS working perfectly.

Soon I will upload a video so that you guys can further assist me and see that this isn't a prank.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Soon I will upload a video so that you guys can further assist me and see that this isn't a prank.

Not to be a jerk, but you uploading a video doesn't change the fact that you may have a defective unit that you may just have to live with...or sell it and stop these threads.

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score

Not to be a jerk, but you uploading a video doesn't change the fact that you may have a defective unit that you may just have to live with...or sell it and stop these threads.

Understood but I must shut up all the clowns that think this is a joke.

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
[video=youtube;XdMAwwhjkJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdMAwwhjkJo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Here is the video.
Please tell me if this looks normal.

I', very sorry about the quality it was taken on my Ipad.

On the Iphone is says moderate and the GALAXY NEXUS-Locating Satellites

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;XdMAwwhjkJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdMAwwhjkJo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Here is the video.
Please tell me if this looks normal.

I', very sorry about the quality it was taken on my Ipad.

On the Iphone is says moderate and the GALAXY NEXUS-Locating Satellites

Fair enough, the video doesn't really mean much to me. Download this from the Play Store. Run it. If it doesn't fix your GPS then your hardware is borked - end of story. Sell it or live with it.

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
Fair enough, the video doesn't really mean much to me. Download this from the Play Store. Run it. If it doesn't fix your GPS then your hardware is borked - end of story. Sell it or live with it.

I have a question.
Could the problem be because I'm rooted and using a rom?
2-How can the app you gave me fix my GPS?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a question.

1. Possible, but unlikely.
2. Not fully sure. Has something to do with resetting your phone's A-GPS data to achieve faster locks. Everyone I've ever known with GPS problems had them fixed after running this app.

Reaction score
My barometer also works just fine. Quickest GPS lock on I've seen. You can see what your barometer is reading by using the app pressure.net. Neat little app.

I guess that's why there's so many complaints of slow GPS with the GN.

Yours works well because you happen to be in a good area to catch the signal. I'm certainly not going to download another battery draining app to see the barometer readings, no thanks.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I understand that what I'm doing looks bad from the side but I swear nothing in on purpose.
I don't want to sell this phone because although I have many problems with it in my mind I always give it a chance and I myself have hope that maybe these problems can be fixed.
Anways as for the GPS problems I'm going to upload a video just to show you what I'm talking about.
Look I understand you're frustrated with the phone and that it's not working out the way you want it to, but I've seen some of your other posts and you've said time and time again that the phone is "slow, sucks, can't hold a signal, etc." and say it's probably or the hardware or OS. You've tried to steer many away from the Nexus and that's not fair to them.

You said you wanted to give the Nexus a chance. Honestly if the Nexus had 9 lives, you went through them months ago. I commend you for your persistence, but the result of your persistence is that many users see your threads as a joke (considering you start a new thread with a new problem every month). I've tried to help you many times, others have tried to help you many times, but no matter our solutions a new problem seems to arise from it. Which is why I say, stick with your iPhone (that seems to be working flawlessly) and pick up an ICS device in the future when they hit other devices and it give it a shot then. You can also try getting another Nexus as from what I can see, you got a lemon considering your complaints over the past couple months.

You provided a video of "lag" before, remember how that turned out? Well the problem with this GPS video is, you're indoors. Sure sometimes you can get gps indoors, but from my experience I only use gps or turn it on once I'm outside. GPS is random at times, as sometimes I can't even get a signal in my car, I have to put the phone outside the window sometimes or before I get in. Just do what benson said and see if that helps, but do it outside. Alot of people say Samsung GPS radios are weak blah blah, I have yet to have a problem with it or any other problem you've had.

I mean I want to help, that's why I joined this forum. However you having a new problem every month when you have a perfectly good iPhone right next to it. Sell it and be done with it. Try your luck with another ICS device in the future, or get another Nexus.

I have a question.

I've been rooted and ROM'd since the 3rd day it came out. I've never had a signal issue with data, cell, or gps. Double check the ROM you downloaded and see if they mentioned any problems regarding signal issues.