GPS extremely weak

nadav64

Reaction score
Well compared to the iPhone the GPS on my galaxy nexus is very weak.
For example when using endmondo (tracks you exercise via GPS)
Anyways it hardly finds a signal on my nexus if at all and on the iPhone it automatically finds a good signal.

Anyone else have GPS problems?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
250 views and zero comments?

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Well I don't use endmondo, but I do use a few other GPS apps without any issues. Compared to my Galaxy s, it works fabulous. It always get signal and it always works for me, so I guess I am not sure what is the issue is with yours, but this is my comment and I hope it helps.

JRParsons

Reaction score
I do use Endmundo, but I dont have a Nexus, I usually show multiple Satellites, it seems to track me pretty well.
Have you tried using other gps apps, and do they work well. Maybe you need to reload the app.
Also, i keep all 3 gps settings checked.
Like the post above, im not sure ive helped, but its better than no responses.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
I checked other apps and like said above I have also compared performance with the iPhone and simply out the GPS sucks.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have no problems with my GPS. Get a quick and solid lock on a satellite everytime I use it. I use Waze and Google Maps. Make sure you're outside and not in the middle of a city with tall skyline buildings and such.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My GPS works great, but I haven't used Endmundo. I'll test it out on my next run and post back here with the results.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Here is a couple of screen shots from. GPS test+. They show the satellites strength and location.. I am not sure how they compare signal strength wise to other phones. This is indoors and overcast (I believe these 2 things affect it some) also maybe where in the world you are may affect it. I am in spokane Washington.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333953337417.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1333953337417.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 314
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333953364404.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1333953364404.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 307

alboboy10

Reaction score
The one thing I haven't had problems with on the nexus is GPS (cross my fingers not to jynx it!)

I put on maps sometimes inside of a building and somehow it can triangulate me.

Kenny Bats

Reaction score
I checked other apps and like said above I have also compared performance with the iPhone and simply out the GPS sucks.

Maybe you have a bad unit. The GPS on the Nexus in my tests is solid. As a matter of fact, there have been a few times over the past month where I have needed GPS. A few times my girlfriend was with me (iPhone 4S) and once my buddy (Droid 1). All times I have been driving so the passenger has tried to connect their GPS first. All times I have waited about 20 seconds for them to try and then take out my Nexus which connects within a matter of seconds. It has smoked both devices every time. It wasn't even close. I think the GPS on the Nexus is very solid. My girlfriend has had various iPhones over the past 4 years and I have never once thought the GPS was anything special. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone GPS works but is nothing to brag about.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I use CardioTrainer all the time as well as maps and don't have issues with GPS. I was in Houston for a week and used it there too without problems. Try popping into a VZW store and checking to see how your GNex compares to the demo GNex in how fast it locks on. If yours is indeed slow start asking for a new one.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Endomondo pro several times a week with my Nexus and the GPS is rock solid. Never has issues with signal lock. My assumption is you have a bad unit - get it replaced.

The wookie speaks the truth ^^^

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
I'm so pissed right now!
I'm a GSM user and I bought the phone online so even if its defected I don't even know what to do. I have also noticed that the touch screen isn't as good as the iPhones or the galaxy s2.

I hate this phone.