GPS Does not work

blackterry

Reaction score
Will not work on stand alone will only work if I have a cell signal does anybody else have this problem ..?? I tried checking and unchecking the different options but that doesn't help. It always says data connection lost. Tried to reboot and that doesn't help. HELP>>!!

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Will not work on stand alone will only work if I have a cell signal does anybody else have this problem ..?? I tried checking and unchecking the different options but that doesn't help. It always says data connection lost. Tried to reboot and that doesn't help. HELP>>!!

There is already a thread on this issue.

OP
B

blackterry

Reaction score
When I have it on stand alone only it always says searching for gps all the time. Seems that gps antenna must be completely non functional.

AirJunky

Reaction score
Download an app called Ulysse Gizmos. Do you see any signal at all?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To use apps like MAPS you will need a cell signal to acquire a GPS lock.

OP
B

blackterry

Reaction score
Just trying to use Google Navigation in standalone mode... Starting to think it's been sabotaged by Verizon to force you to use VZ Navigator...

AirJunky

Reaction score
Mine is working so I doubt that. It did have an issue where it would drop the signal & then pick it back up, then drop it, then pick it back up, etc. Gizmos stabilized that.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just trying to use Google Navigation in standalone mode... Starting to think it's been sabotaged by Verizon to force you to use VZ Navigator...

Do you have a cell signal? If not, its not going to work.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everything on... connected to WiFi have 4g won't lock.

View attachment 58651

View attachment 58650

Turn off VZW, see if that helps.

And now that you mention it, I did have a little issue today and yesterday as well trying to get my weather to update via GPS location and it would not lock. I now also remember hearing something about a solar flair sometime soon, weather or not it was today or not I don't remember, but that could cause issues for some users as well.

OP
B

blackterry

Reaction score
I've tried it in every configuration and it only locks here and there..