GPS Compatibility with ROM's?

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
Right now I am using Black Hole, flashed with ROM manager. However, I just noticed that my GPS does not want to lock on. I have tried Adrenaline's and the Lean kernel available when flashing it with ROM manager. So is GPS Compatibility generally built into the ROM, or is it a kernel issue? I was using Das BAMF, but I did not try GPS at all while using it.

What combination of ROM and kernel should I try for this?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I am using the Stock rooted Gingerbread leak that is out and my GPS (which was previously pretty much worthless) is locking on almost instantly! maybe you should try either the stock rooted version or look for a GB based Rom

wooddale

Reaction score
Im on bamf 1.6.3 on the road in 3g everything working perfect gps locks instantly guess it sjould tjough. Gps works bettet in 3g.

OP
L

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
I flashed this Das BAMF ROM again a few weeks ago, and GPS does indeed work but it seems to take a moment or more to lock on. Hopefully when a Gingerbread ROM becomes stable and bugless enough for me to use, this time will improve drastically.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

wooddale

Reaction score
Dont know if this is just a freak thing or what I was playing around on the TB today I downloaded a map program called Locus Free. I just wanted to see what it was. I noticed it locked on to my position in about 10 seconds. I went back into Google maps and Navigation it is locking on instantly or within a couple seconds. I dont know why what I did shouldnt have made any difference. Ill keep cking tommorow and post back and let you know the results. I cked and the program isnt running in the background or anything.

Well GPS is still working like it is supposed to. Dont know why.