1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GPS broken

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by astough, Apr 28, 2010.

1. astough

astough New Member

My droid is having problems finding itself. Out of the last 10 times I have tried to navagate somewhere, I have gotten "searching for GPS". Every time, but one time it did finally figure out where I was. Sky's are clear and have been in multiple locations. Anyone know what that's all about?
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Hmm, i have trouble maybe 1 out of 20 times... Where you live? (as if that matters much)
  3. astough

astough New Member

I'm in san antonio texas, and the gps was completely reliable until last week. Maybe it is just a bug.
  4. camaropep

camaropep New Member

Ever get it working? Mine is having the same problems
  5. astough

astough New Member

Nope. Still having problems. Strange thing though, the other day I was going somewhere and my droid couldn't find itself. My mother tried on hers and it worked like a charm,with mine sitting right next it searching for GPS.
  6. cantbdun

cantbdun New Member

GPS vs cell towers

I'm not 100% sure, but I think when it's having a location issue it's using cell towers not satelites. Mine works fine when I'm in a good cell tower area. When I'm near my lake house, (this was the last analog tower, now it's an old shared by all carriers tower) that only lets verizon users make calls - no internet or other apps that need a conection.
    Run the app 'GPS Status', it will show the satelites it is receiving.
    Question - why would a satelite app only work with a good (or 3G) cell tower connection? Answer = It shouldn't matter.
  7. Rulkiewicz

Rulkiewicz New Member

Hi, I'm having similar problems. I downloaded that app, the compass works, but the radar below the compass doesn't load, it just displays the "refreshing circle".

Any ideas?
  8. Zippster

Zippster New Member

Same issue here, seems to be worse since the 2.1 "update" mine ends up locking up my phone like a brick until it eventually reboots about 3-5 minutes later. :icon_evil:
  9. brochaos

brochaos New Member

this happens to all phones. just restart it and it should be ok for the next couple of days.
  10. Rulkiewicz

Rulkiewicz New Member

I rebooted it we few times and it finally started to work. But it's really hit or miss... currently it's broken again.