GPS and UD8?

Droidemz

Reaction score
Whats even weirder for me is it WAS finding my location, but it still would say searching for GPS and would not give me a route...

I just tried again at my desk with a random destination and its not finding a GPS again...this is bothering me I really liked using this function of the phone, anyone know of a fix? I do not want to change roms.

Last edited:

Silentknyght

Reaction score
Whats even weirder for me is it WAS finding my location, but it still would say searching for GPS and would not give me a route...

I just tried again at my desk with a random destination and its not finding a GPS again...this is bothering me I really liked using this function of the phone, anyone know of a fix? I do not want to change roms.

Again, I'm pretty sure it's not ROM-related. I was having a ton of trouble getting a GPS lock and I was running BB0.4, which isn't that far from stock. Alot of factors can influence GPS, which relies on line of sight; overhead structures and inclement weather are major impediments.

guyinlaca

Reaction score
I'm also having GPS issues that weren't present on BB 0.4. I'm loving the ROM but every time I select my location, it's off by about 3 blocks. I downloaded GPS status which does correct the issue temporarily, but as soon as I close it, it's back to the way it was. I'm baffled as to what changed. Every FIX for the droid seems to break something else.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My GPS lock time is substantially slower with UD8 than with stock unrooted FROYO. It used to take seconds in my backyard to lock, now it can be up to a minute. And I notice the drive home from work takes a while to lock now when I turn it on, used to be quick. I know some are saying it's not ROM dependant, but for me, that's the only thing that's different.

Trapper31

Reaction score
I've been using UD8 for a week or so now, and just tried GPS for the first time yesterday. It did take longer to lock on than normal, but as it was the first time using GPS since switching roms that didn't concern me too much.

What did concern me was after I got home (I had the Navigation on for maybe 5 - 10 minutes) my phone randomly rebooted. It was just sitting on the table in my house and all of a sudden the M logo came up. This was my first random reboot with UD8. I wasn't overclocked either; earlier in the day I switched it down to 600 just to see how the stock speed would feel.

Hopefully it was random and isolated, I guess I'll have to use Nav more to find out.

tech

Reaction score
I have not had a gps prob but i dnt like google maps i use copilot and all working fine

Droidemz

Reaction score
I rolled back my maps update to the previous one and i can at least get a gps lock now, still takes longer then it used to but works for now