GPS and google Maps problem "your corrent location is temporarily unavailable"

subzero77

Reaction score
I boght the Razr 3 month ago and the location services never worked. the GPS and location services are dead.
It always says "your corrent location is temporarily unavailable".

what is the problem ? what should i do ? :frown:

thanks

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Stupid question, but your GPS is on, and you have Stand Alone GPS Services checked in the settings\Location & Security section? If so, try installing GPS Status and seeing if your GPS is functioning correctly.

OP
S

subzero77

Reaction score
Stupid question, but your GPS is on, and you have Stand Alone GPS Services checked in the settings\Location & Security section? If so, try installing GPS Status and seeing if your GPS is functioning correctly.

yes i cheked settings\locations & security and i activated GPS
how do i install gps status ?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Go here: https://market.android.com/details?...sMSwxLDEsImNvbS5lY2xpcHNpbS5ncHNzdGF0dXMyIl0. and click install under the picture. open it up and see if you have any satellites. If not, the next step would be to try logging in in safe mode.

Turn phone off. Then turn phone back on. When the M Dualcore screen comes up, hold down both the volume up and down buttons. The words safe mode should appear in the lower left after the screen comes up. Now see if you have satellites. If you do, then it is a app that is stopping you from seeing the stars.

If not, then you can try a factory reset. If that doesn't work, then you need to contact Verizon and tell them that your phone is bad.

OP
S

subzero77

Reaction score
Go here: https://market.android.com/details?...sMSwxLDEsImNvbS5lY2xpcHNpbS5ncHNzdGF0dXMyIl0. and click install under the picture. open it up and see if you have any satellites. If not, the next step would be to try logging in in safe mode.

Turn phone off. Then turn phone back on. When the M Dualcore screen comes up, hold down both the volume up and down buttons. The words safe mode should appear in the lower left after the screen comes up. Now see if you have satellites. If you do, then it is a app that is stopping you from seeing the stars.

If not, then you can try a factory reset. If that doesn't work, then you need to contact Verizon and tell them that your phone is bad.

how do i know if i have satellites ?

thanks for your help

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
You'll see the satellites in the lower portion of the screen when you're running GPS Status.