GPS and battery

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Does leaving GPS on drain the battery. I did a Google search and nobody agrees. Can someone who actually knows what they are talking about answer this question?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

HiTechRedNeck73

Reaction score
On my dx, I've wondered the same thing... seems that it doesn't affect much if it does...

My droid would drain fast though...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

evan2001

Reaction score
My understanding is that its not really on till you are in a app that uses it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I have mine set to on all the time. If you go to about phone in the menu and select battery you can see what is using the most power. GPS has never been listed on my phone. Now, when I do use it for navigation I have to plug it in because it will go through the battery pretty quick. I can say pretty definitively that if its not being used it won't drain the battery.

OP
K

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I have mine set to on all the time. If you go to about phone in the menu and select battery you can see what is using the most power. GPS has never been listed on my phone. Now, when I do use it for navigation I have to plug it in because it will go through the battery pretty quick. I can say pretty definitively that if its not being used it won't drain the battery.

I think it may be listed under one of the subheaders (android system, etc).

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

HTCuser

Reaction score

Wow yours must drain fast today I was on Google navigation for a half hour and it drained about 10-20% of the battery

info4tim

Reaction score
Again, update your inc 2 from VZW/HTC. Battery problems have been fixed. GPS will not drain battery when not actually in use.