1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GPS Active

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by BD1, Mar 13, 2010.

1. BD1

BD1 New Member

My wifes phone is showing GPS active, Mine isn't both have Use GPS satellites check in Location & Security. Is there aother reason why hers is showing the GPS Sign on the top screen?

Thanks Bill
  2. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

Is her phone possibly connecting to an app currently that requires GPS active?

Maybe an app that has some type of syncing?
  3. BD1

BD1 New Member

It wasn't on earlier today, Don't know what happened?
  4. jawa6969

jawa6969 New Member

I get this all the time. If the browser (stock) has the home page set to Google, and it is also set to allow Google to pull your location, then she is probably backing out to the home screen before Google gets a read on the location. For me, that causes the GPS indicator to stay up in the notification bar. Have her open the browser back until Google gets the location. Then back out to the home screen. Or turn off location in the browser settings.

Also as said before, another app could be using the GPS. Check your running services. Hope this helps.

Peace
Search tags for this page

android gps active

does droid gps active mean
droid boinic gps active

gps active android

gps active on droidx

motorola droid bionic gps active

on droid what does gps active mean

what does gps active mean on phone

what does gps active on my phone mean

whats gps active mean