GPS acting strange.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Google Maps will find my location and it is correct, but the name of the city is wrong. It is saying the name of the town I am in is on the other side of the state even though it shows where I really am on the map. Any ideas what this is about?

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
It just worries me as I just had to exchange my Droid last night and I am REALLY hoping it is not a problem with the actual phone...

pnickinson

Reaction score
Doubtful it's a hardware thing. Does Google Maps do that on other devices? Or just the Droid?

It just worries me as I just had to exchange my Droid last night and I am REALLY hoping it is not a problem with the actual phone...

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doubtful it's a hardware thing. Does Google Maps do that on other devices? Or just the Droid?

It is doing the same thing on my computer's google latitude. So you think this probably means it has to do with Google and not my phone?

boatman2220

Reaction score

It is doing the same thing on my computer's google latitude. So you think this probably means it has to do with Google and not my phone?

If it's doing it on your computer also, there's no way it's the phone.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
yes its google maps, not the phone. It kept telling me to take a south bound freeway ramp today that was clearly a north bound ramp :icon_ banana:lmao

I suspect apple is hacking the system:icon_ devil:

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good, thanks for everyone's input! I am on my 4th Droid now and REALLY didn't want to have anymore issues.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
while in google maps if you press and hold on any stree name it will bring up a bubble saying the street name and then press that it will bring up a menu and the very last thing on the menu it will say report a problem.

fill in the text boxes and it will send a report to google. i had to do this for a street near my house because they had the name wrong. i got an email back within about 2 days and then the problem was fixed on google maps within the next 2 weeks.