GPA16 = best ROM for Droid 1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Godric, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Godric

Godric New Member

Yeah I know such a bold statement, but its true! I've tried a lot of different roms since I rooted last year and up to now this has got to be the smoothest one out there. I like Project Elites features but I've noticed more memory problems compared to gpa16.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Should note, its the best ROM for YOUR D1. I never had much luck with the GPA builds. There's no universal Best out there. It depends on your phone and setup.

end of line...
  3. bplewis24

bplewis24 New Member

Yeah it's amazing to me how each ROM functions differently on different D1s. I never had an issue with GPA14, but others found it unstable. I found GPA15 didn't multi-task well, so I tried SS5.4, which seemed to slow down lately for me. Others say SS5.4 runs faster than anything they've ever tried.

I'm gonna try GPA16 and/or 17 soon. But can anybody tell me if Facebook syncing works on GPA16/17? On SS5.4 (which is based on Android 2.3.4), every time I reboot my phone, the Facebook syncing contacts is broken and changed to "don't sync." I have to force it to sync each time and it still won't bring up contact pics.

Brandon
  4. kevev99

kevev99 New Member

Facebook syncing works on GPA17. It's not a ROM issue but a Facebook app issue. Every time there is an update to the Facebook app it always sets syncing back to "Don't sync". I find that I have to go into the settings in the app to change it to "Sync with existing contacts" after upgrades, sometimes twice before it works. No issues with syncing after that.

I had these issues on FRG83G, GPA14, GPA15, and Sapphire back when I used those ROMs as well. So I am confident it is a Facebook app issue and not ROM related.
  5. iissmart

iissmart New Member

I had this same facebook sync problem too, but it was back when I enabled the ability to move *all* apps to SD (not just the apps that had the feature enabled). For some reason the FB app would never remember my sync settings until I moved it back onto my phone.
  6. bplewis24

bplewis24 New Member

I would set the settings in the app to "sync with existing contacts" and then the next day it would always be set to "dont sync" when I checked. Even if the app wasn't updated. I narrowed it down to the fact that I rebooted my phone every night before I went to bed. So one day I set the settings in the FB app to "sync" and then rebooted and checked and they were already set back to "don't sync."

Hmm, interesting. I didn't get a chance to see if the FB app was on the SD card before I changed ROMs. I'll explore that.

Brandon
  7. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

Totally agree.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
  8. lfylove

lfylove New Member

On gpa16 I couldn't make or receive calls. Defeats the purpose of having a phone.

9. Durania

Durania New Member

+1 I have not liked a single GPA rom either.
  10. SupAll

SupAll New Member

That's great you're having exceptional performance with GPA16. A lot of others may think otherwise and believe that their phone just doesn't work with the ROM. In some cases, this true. Most of the time, its because the ROM wasn't flashed properly (ie wiping multiple times). Sometimes, you have to flash the ROM more than once for optimal performance. I know that my biggest issue with GPA16 is when I use the camera, it hangs for awhile after the first picture. If I wait it out long enough, it'll be fine. There is a lack of memory for the D1 that makes it even more difficult to enjoy the 2.3 goodness, but from what I run everyday, it works great.
  11. bplewis24

bplewis24 New Member

I installed GPA16 and ended up going back to GPA15. 16 isn't as stable with multi-tasking for me and for whatever reason doesn't feel as snappy.

GPA16 adds the ability to use GTalk w/video, but for the OG D1, that really isn't a big deal since there is no FFC.

Brandon
  12. Zregnier

Zregnier New Member

Hell I'm still using GPA14! Nothing else seems to run as smoothly and I have very few redraws. Camera is buggy though.

Search tags for this page

best rom for droid 1