GPA15 Issues

BigODroid

Reaction score
I am having trouble running the gingerbread update from Peter Alfonso, GPA15. 2 issues are 1. No notification bar. I have tried reflashing it with no luck. I even removed it from the sd card, reinstalled it and it didnt change anything. 2. When I am anywhere and hit the home button, it will show me the lock screen and then return to where I am. Will not go to the home screen. Any ideas? Love Petes ROM's but cant handle this.

qaelith.2112

Reaction score
GPA15 and notifications

Am I the only one who has continually had problems with various notifications in Gingerbread on the OG Droid? GMail notification so far seems to work fine, but after a week or so of running GPA15 I've already failed to be notified of incoming SMS messages until I rebooted the device, and the stock mail app stopped notifying me of e-mail arrivals on the Exchange server (it's configured for Push). These notifications seem to work more reliably than earlier builds (which also had widgets almost never working), but I can't be worrying about whether this is the day I'm not being notified of incoming communications. Very frustrating -- and I'm going to need to go back to Froyo so I'm not missing important notes. Maybe I'll try again with GPA16 when it comes along, but more likely I'll just ride out the rest of my contract with Froyo and enjoy Gingerbread on my next device in October.