GPA15 Dialer problem driving me nuts

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Force1stiptopped, May 10, 2011.

1. myriad46

myriad46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only known work around is to have the phone not vibrate for ringing. Notifications should be ok. It works, but then you're going between ring and silent. I have mine on vibrate-only for most of the work day.

2. joe1980

joe1980 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't had this problem for a few weeks, but had an idea... what happens if you press the volume down button before answering the call? Pressing the volume down button should stop the vibrating, and then, if you answer the call, you might be okay. Even though I haven't had this issue for a while, I have been doing this for a week now anyway because I'm paranoid that the problem may reappear.

3. AndyMan

AndyMan Member

Ratings:
    +0

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I think this might be the answer!! I just tried it a few times and each call it seemed to work. Now if I will only remember each time to do that!

4. richlux

richlux New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I'd through my name into the mix of people who are having this problem. I also keep my phone on vibrate all the time. I'm going to try the volume key work-around, but I really hope someone can find a more permanent solution to this.

Thanks,
    Rich

5. TheCheeze

TheCheeze Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Has anyone tried an aftermarket dialer or caller ID app to test this issue as well? If not I'll give it a go.

6. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. FYI doesn't matter what kernel I have tried. The problem still arises but not all the time. The only fix 99% of the time is a battery pull but every once in a while you can get away with a "Force Close". Going to try the volume down trick to stop the vibrating prior to answering the call and see if that helps.

7. richlux

richlux New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, I haven't had the problem since I switched to ChevyNo1's ULV 800Mhz Kernel (phone wouldn't boot with his 1Gig one). Either I'm lucky or this fixes the problem.

Rich

8. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I haven't had the problem since flashing Pete's LV 1Ghz kernel either.

9. jimmypop13

jimmypop13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got so sick of these problems, I unrooted. I have zero of these phone issues anymore, and i can't tell a difference in anything else, at least for what I use my phone for. The newest OTA update has the same copy/paste features which is what I thought I would lose. Also everything seems to be running just as smooth and fast, if not faster, especially Google maps. And no more freaking loss of data issues after phone calls or random sync issues.
    I may still reroot just so I can use a few apps that need root access, but honestly, I'm much more happier with the reliability and performance with the newest OTA build than GPA15.

10. richlux

richlux New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    jimmypop13,

What do you mean "The newest OTA update has the same copy/paste features which is what I thought I would lose.". When I was running the latest OTA update, it did not have the ability to to move the cursor around with selection handles when selecting text. I wanted Gingerbread specifically for this.

Rich

11. kalam

kalam New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having these same problems.

Thinking about going back to the most recent version of BB.

12. Force1stiptopped

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats what I ended up doing.. I got so fed up with this problem i went back to Froyo until it is fixed. I use my phone as a PHONE too much to use this rom practically.

Search tags for this page
android 2.3 samsung galaxy phone dialer issue
android 2.3.4 dialer hangs when call ends

droid x2 dialer problems

galaxy s dialer closes
galaxy s dialer crashes
s advance activity dialer gets hang