GPA15 Dialer problem driving me nuts

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Force1stiptopped, May 10, 2011.

1. Force1stiptopped

Force1stiptopped New Member

I believe this problem was mentioned before and everyone said it seemed to be fixed in GPA 15.. this is not the case for me.

The problem: Every time I get an incoming call, the dialer force closes and one of two things happens.. either:
    1) The phone keeps vibrating even when the I am able to have a conversation with the person. It continues and eventually the call randomly ends.
    2) the call is answered and works fine, but when i go to hang up, the phone is frozen at the force close screen of the dialer and I must do a battery pull to reboot the phone.

Does anyone have a fix for this issue? anyone heard anything from Pete regarding it?

Edit:

Should add that this makes the phone extremely hot, 105+ and I am using Petes V.02 800 MHZ kernel, with his autooverclock zip.
  2. AndyMan

AndyMan New Member

I have the issue too, nothing I have found to fix it.. just tell the person to hang up, and then you call them back..

really annoying
  3. joe1980

joe1980 New Member

I had this problem for quite a while until I did the following:
    1. Used Titanium Backup to backup all my apps and data
    2. Wiped my phone 3x
    3. Installed 4/23 build of GPA15
    4. Used Titanium Backup to restore only user apps + data (no system data)
    I'm sticking with the stock kernel that comes with the 4/23 build of GPA15. I tried Pete's v0.2 kernel, and I started noticing a lot of lag. So, I reverted to the stock kernel and everything has been running pretty much perfectly. I have not had that dialer issue for almost 3 weeks now.

BTW, I'm using SetCPU and have my phone running at 1000/250. I'm not using Pete's autooverclock.zip.

I have no idea if this will help you, but it got rid of the annoying problem for me.
  4. Bobbar

Bobbar New Member

Never had this problem. Did you start with a clean install, manual app restore?
  5. buymagicfish

buymagicfish New Member

I have this problem as well. Started with full wipes (3x) and did a fully manual restore except used Titanium Backup to restore data only on just a small handful of apps. Issue doesnt happen every time, but often enough that its annoying.
  6. jimmypop13

jimmypop13 New Member

I have this problem too and I hate it! I have to pull the battery when it keeps vibrating. I also get random hang ups during phone calls and I never get data back after a call. I always wipe several times, use the stock kernel, and use the market to restore all apps. I've had these problem with all the GPA builds, including the current gpa15
  7. gertman

gertman New Member

Just FYI I have had this problem on Project Elite and Cynogenmod Gingerbread ROMs. So don't think u guys are alone and of course I have NOT found a fix yet :(
  8. Tabs

Tabs New Member

I had to go back to Froyo last night due to this issue and the no data/green icons after making a call issue.

I realize it's probably not Peter's fault (as gertman said, it happens with other GB ROMs too) but it really was a showstopper for me. Basically any call that came in was locking up the phone. I'd make calls too and the phone would lock up at the end when I went to hang up... Just got sick of having to pull the battery just to end calls and stuff.

Hopefully 2.3.4 / GPA16 is fixed.
  9. C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r

C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r New Member

i havent had any of those problems but right now when i answer a call no one can hear me and i cant hear them......this needs to be fixed
  10. myriad46

myriad46 New Member

I've always had this problem with GB Roms (first gpa14). CM7 did not do this for me, but ate up my battery life. I think it's related to the kernels. I had no problem with CM7 until I tried flashing another kernel. First call, I got the continual vibrating on answering. I would have stayed with the stock kernel, but the battery life on CM7 sucked. I just tried loading GPA15 and it still does it. I wonder if that is why it is sproadic. Everybody's phone handles kernels differently.

If you can live without your phone vibrating, that is a workaround. I don't think 2.3.4 is going to fix it. I think its a voltage issue associated with the phone vibrating. Oh well. This wouldn't be so bad if TiBu restores would transfer between Froyo and Gingerbread, but it's a pain in the ass to not be able to get data back for the system and even some apps. My angrybirds crash if I restore data from froyo-gb or the other way around.
  11. yorkwall

yorkwall New Member

I have had this problem as well its really annoying.

I sorta found a fix, still doing some testing. I install Advanced Task Killer, changed the Security Level to "Low", Auto Kill Level to "Aggressive", and Auto Kill Freq to "When screen is off". Now you have to go into Advanced Task Killer and ignore things that are always running (Google Services, etc.)

Let me know if this works for you. Good luck

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  12. Tabs

Tabs New Member

Wait so this is specific to vibrate mode? That would actually make sense - I always have my phone in vibrate actually.
  13. myriad46

myriad46 New Member

The only known work around is to have the phone not vibrate for ringing. Notifications should be ok. It works, but then you're going between ring and silent. I have mine on vibrate-only for most of the work day.
  14. joe1980

joe1980 New Member

I haven't had this problem for a few weeks, but had an idea... what happens if you press the volume down button before answering the call? Pressing the volume down button should stop the vibrating, and then, if you answer the call, you might be okay. Even though I haven't had this issue for a while, I have been doing this for a week now anyway because I'm paranoid that the problem may reappear.
  15. AndyMan

AndyMan New Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I think this might be the answer!! I just tried it a few times and each call it seemed to work. Now if I will only remember each time to do that!
  16. richlux

richlux New Member

Just thought I'd through my name into the mix of people who are having this problem. I also keep my phone on vibrate all the time. I'm going to try the volume key work-around, but I really hope someone can find a more permanent solution to this.

Thanks,
    Rich
  17. TheCheeze

TheCheeze New Member

Has anyone tried an aftermarket dialer or caller ID app to test this issue as well? If not I'll give it a go.
  18. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. FYI doesn't matter what kernel I have tried. The problem still arises but not all the time. The only fix 99% of the time is a battery pull but every once in a while you can get away with a "Force Close". Going to try the volume down trick to stop the vibrating prior to answering the call and see if that helps.
  19. richlux

richlux New Member

Actually, I haven't had the problem since I switched to ChevyNo1's ULV 800Mhz Kernel (phone wouldn't boot with his 1Gig one). Either I'm lucky or this fixes the problem.

Rich
  20. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

I haven't had the problem since flashing Pete's LV 1Ghz kernel either.
Search tags for this page
android 2.3 samsung galaxy phone dialer issue
android 2.3.4 dialer hangs when call ends

droid x2 dialer problems

galaxy s dialer closes
galaxy s dialer crashes
s advance activity dialer gets hang