GPA14 vs. FRG83G: Battery use shows less items?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by GilmourD3, Apr 20, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. GilmourD3

GilmourD3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a n00b to ROMing and to Gingerbread as a whole. That said, I just rooted my OG Droid and installed Peter's GPA14 ROM with the 1GHz LV kernel and I'm loving it. dancedroid

However, in trying to figure out why my battery was draining more quickly than expected (turned out I forgot to change the e-mail polling from the default 15 minutes... D'oh!), I noticed that the battery use screen seems to show less stuff than it did in previous versions that I had on my phone (2.01, 2.1, 2.2.x). Yes, I see the graph and that clicking on it enlarges it, which is interesting. However, in previous versions it seemed to show more apps draining things. Now the only non-system thing it seems to show is Google Maps, and it didn't even show that for the first day that I had GPA14 installed.

Now, is this a normal Gingerbread thing or is it something with GPA14?

I'd take a screenshot right now but I haven't installed an app to do that, yet, and my 1-year-old son is having a freakout on me right now... LOL
  2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    From what I've seen in GB this is normal. I've seen it on cush2push ROM and Gimpybread.

Don't know why or what though. It never was "built" for our phone, so maybe that's the reason.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. GilmourD3

GilmourD3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you gotten your hands on any phones that officially have Gingerbread on them? I know there aren't many. In fact, I can't even think of a model off the top of my head besides the Nexus S.
  4. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It has to do with the kernel you are using.

Sent from my Droid
  5. GilmourD3

GilmourD3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What about the kernel is the problem?
  6. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^the kernel needs debugging to show this. Most current kernels have this removed but I think the latest Chevyno1's still have it included.
  7. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it's not a "problem" really with the kernel, it just depends what options and stuff that the author has enabled. I ran into this problem when I was still using Froyo and searched around a lot for a kernel that had all the things I wanted but it was hard to find. I think Chevy's is the closest I found.
  8. GilmourD3

GilmourD3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, that makes sense. So it's something that Peter can enable with a little tweaking. For all we know it might actually already be in the V0.2 kernels that he's going to release with GPA15.
Search tags for this page

motorola android frg83g battery