GPA14 - Internet Calling questions

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Agrajag, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Agrajag

Agrajag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone tried this yet? As part of 2.3.x SIP is built into the OS as an option and I'd like to give it a shot but so far no luck (I have a VoIP account that supports outside SIP calls (softphone and such).

One main question I have is the confusing default setting under "Internet call settings" for the item "Use Internet calling". The default is "Only for Internet calls".

Okay, fine.... but how do I trigger an Internet call?!

I can set it to "Ask for each call" but that's hardly efficient. I'm hoping either for an easier, on-the-fly option or perhaps a Power widget for switching between cell and Internet calls.

Is anyone getting this to work? I have tried it by setting the above to ask each call but it won't connect to the SIP server so far even though the same settings work in my softphone.

Thanks.

2. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a bit off topic but what VoIP do you use?

I'd like to get one myself and maybe figure out what you're having trouble with. I tend to solve problems faster by visually looking at it....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3. Agrajag

Agrajag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use ViaTalk which has been great for us. I actually have two full lines with them. I've had several others but on the whole none have been as good in cost, features, support as ViaTalk.

I managed to get it "working" in that I can get calls to dial but none of them are actually functional. I never actually connect with the other side or, if I do, I can't hear anything but dead air and the same for them.

Search tags for this page

use internet calling only for internet calls