GPA14 --> GPA15 & restore app progs

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by azhummer, Apr 22, 2011.

1. azhummer

azhummer New Member

Pete suggests not using backup/restore programs for his builds... what if I'm going from GPA14 to GPA15? Can I just wipe once and use a backup/restore like titanium safely?

Just curious if the suggestion for not using backup progs is mainly for users going from VZW stock --> GPA.

How do you all test the nightlies? reinstall apps every night? :)

TIA!
  2. GilmourD3

GilmourD3 Member

As per his site.

3. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

You can restore .apk of files. It's data for those apps he doesn't want you to restore.

Even at that you can restore apk and data on GPA15. It's just that if you run into issues you won't get support.
  4. Namrepus221

Namrepus221 New Member

As it was explained to me, as long as you download everything you need app wise from the market. You're fine.

If it's not finding any saved data (like with a game) you can restore just that data and still be able to get help.

Also, didn't peter say you can go straight across upgrading without a wipe on his previous builds?
  5. joe1980

joe1980 New Member

I wiped data/cache, installed GPA15, and then restored only user apps + data (no system data) using Titanium Backup this morning. It seems to be running perfectly so far... much more stable and smoother than GPA14. You could always give this a try, and if it doesn't work, follow Pete's instructions for installing GPA15, or revert back to GPA14.
  6. Damademan3

Damademan3 New Member

I did the same thing with Tibu and have had great battery life and performance so far.