1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GPA14 - Awesome (new user questions)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Agrajag, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Agrajag

Agrajag New Member

Guys,

Been running Cyanogen on my (original) Droid (with Launcher Pro) for some time now and was fine with it but lately the phone had become a slow, battery-draining mess.

A friend then installed Bugless Beast and raved about it so I gave it a shot starting last night.

WOW! My Droid feels like it went from an 80 year-old to a 20 year-old. It's responsive and the battery life is just insanely improved for me. I did all the installing and such on half-battery which, on the old setup, would have required a recharge last night before bed. Today I'm up and using the phone (after using it a lot last night at 50% battery) and it's still going. It's down the a yellow sliver now but still not complaining. Simply amazing.

Two things I'm not understanding:

1. Where are all the settings? I've seen screenshots of various settings but I'm seeing NOTHING. I have no way to change any BB setting anywhere. I tried to use the default launcher as well but Launcher Pro (at least for me) is running better than ever so I'm using it for now but would go back to the default launcher if I could get it to mimic some of LP's features.

2. Any up or down finger slide, for example in Gmail, causes a video anomaly that appears to me to be the ROM trying to do its graphic effect that you get in the app tray when you hit the top or bottom. It's very distracting. Is this known and being addressed?

That's it! Everything else is just rock-solid. Thanks again. If I can get comfortable with this I'll be donating immediately.
  2. petecraig612

petecraig612 New Member

The GPA series is actually not BB yet so that is why there is a lack of settings to fiddle with. Pete is making these GPA ROMs a completely stock series, like they just came OTA from Verizon.

I can't speak for him but I'm sure he going to be making a bugless beast version of Gingerbread because the base that he has created for it is amazing.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. Agrajag

Agrajag New Member

That explains a ton. I thought I goofed somewhere. Thanks.
  4. hyperdude

hyperdude New Member

#2 is a feature in Gingerbread, not a bug. I agree that sometimes it doesn't look very great (especially over light backgrounds).
  5. Agrajag

Agrajag New Member

I don't get the "feature" at all. Why would it attempt to do it in places it makes no sense?

Someone needs to get that things hacked out of there. It's useless.
  6. hyperdude

hyperdude New Member

It does it in any end-of-scroll place. Try it in Settings, or Facebook, or even the browser (side-scrolling too). It looks horrible in some cases, but I think that's due to rendering software on the Droid - low-resolution stretching of the image causes it to get all banded. I imagine that on the Nexus S it looks good.

If you can't live with it, Bugless Beast 0.6.2.1 might be more for you (Froyo that looks like Gingerbread, but without those built-in features like the glow effect).
  7. Agrajag

Agrajag New Member

Would the older version have all the same battery benefits I'm seeing?
  8. hyperdude

hyperdude New Member

Different ROMs run on different individual phones... differently. You may have better battery life on .6.2.1, maybe worse. The only way to find out would be to try.
    However, the memory usage would be better, because Gingerbread is more aggressive at killing idle apps, whereas the same cannot be said of Froyo.

I'd say try it and see if it fits for you.
  9. JMC98

JMC98 New Member

10. JMC98

JMC98 New Member

Will this work on a droid inc or just the original droid?

Search tags for this page

gpa14#