GPA12 3G and Bluetooth issues

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by steven6282, Mar 1, 2011.

1. steven6282

steven6282 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just updated my phone from Froyo 2.2, everything was working fine on it. But I wanted to check out gingerbread so I found Pete's GPA12. Downloaded it today (03/01/2011).

First problem is sometimes the 3G will simply not start. When it happens the only way to get it to start is rebooting the phone (sometimes multiple times), or sometimes going into airplane mode and then coming back out of it will cause it to start.

The second problem is no matter what I try to do the bluetooth will not connect with my Xoom. It was connection fine on Froyo 2.2, and I restored to a backup of that version and it worked fine again. But even after a complete rewipe and reinstall 3 times I cannot get GPA12 to connect with my Xoom. Have not had a chance to try pairing it with anything else yet but will be trying to connect it with my radio in my truck when I leave in a few minutes.

I tried unpairing in both the phone and Xoom multiple times, and then creating a new pairing. When I try to connect from either side the Xoom or the Droid it will say Connecting for a few seconds and then go back to Paired but not connected.

This new version seems nice, I like the looks of it but I want to have my bluetooth working, and the 3G not starting sometimes is just a neusance. So going to have to go back to Froyo for now, if anyone has any ideas on how to fix either of the problems I'd love to know! :)

EDIT:
    Just found another problem playing with it some more. If I connect the USB to transfer files to it (was going to try a different Kernel to see if it had anything to do with the problems), if I click on the notification bar and then select the USB Connected, Select to copy files to / from your computer, the Turn On USB Storage window pops up for a split second then closes.

2. steven6282

steven6282 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just an update. I've played around with it some more, did another complete wipe and reinstall.

I got it to let me open and enable USB storage so I updated to the 1000Mh LV kernel from peteralfonso.com, and I think that may have fixed the 3G issues. Will have to wait and see if it does it again.

But the Bluetooth issue remains, which is a huge problem, since as I said that is how I connect to the internet on my Xoom. I'm not going to pay for two seperate 3G services (I might put 3G on both devices if verizon ever wises up and makes one plan for all devices type thing) and the Droid can't broadcast an infrastructure wifi that the Xoom can connect to, so Bluetooth is my only option.

Would really appreciate it if anyone can give me some feedback on how to get the Bluetooth working correctly.

3. steven6282

steven6282 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    *sigh*

Was really hoping to have an answer for this by now so that I wouldn't have to go back to Froyo. But I guess either no one knows the answer, or just not enough people use their bluetooth to make it an issue so no one has looked for an answer.

I've tried 5 different kernels now (Slayer 1ghz seeming the smoothest and fastest of all of them for me), all with the same results. Xoom will pair with the phone, but will not connect to it.

Really like the new looks and the smooth feel to GB. Seems like it runs faster than Froyo on my phone. But I've got to have my ability to connect to Bluetooth. Reading over on Peter's site, it sounds like he isn't going to be doing any more updates to this ROM but if I see an update I guess I'll try it again. For now I'll have to go back to one of P3Droid's Froyo roms that have always worked for me and I usually get answers pretty quick when I've had questions there in the past.

4. mursepaolo

mursepaolo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just go back to froyo if you're having issues. i use bluetooth everyday and i'm not having any issues connecting to my car with slayher. however, sometimes it will have a bluetooth fart and not connect completely (ie: the controls work, but the voice still comes out of the speakerphone without any other choices). imo, function can't go over form if you really need it to function.

if you want to try a complete long shot, get back on slayher, but clear dalvik, caches, and fix permissions.

5. steven6282

steven6282 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Using the Slayher kernel, I was able to get it to connect to my cars bluetooth radio for both phone and audio, but still can't get it to connect to my xoom which is the most important thing atm.

It must have something to do with the bluetooth tethering connection that the Xoom makes that is bugged in this version.

Oh and as far as clearing dalvik, cache, and fix permissions. Not really sure where all that is. I know I have a wipe Cache option in my recovery module, but I've never seend anything to do with dalvik or fix permissions.

6. mursepaolo

mursepaolo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    are you running clockwork recovery?

7. steven6282

steven6282 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No I have nandroid recovery.

I did however see the dalvik and fix permissions thing you were talking about in the bugless rom that I installed to try out. In the settings menu under Rom tools I believe.

But those options aren't there on the GPA12 rom, unless I totally missed them lol. The newest version of bugless does not have a problem connecting to the Xoom.

Search tags for this page

bluetooth fix in motorola xoom