GPA11 LED issues.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by hett, Feb 16, 2011.

1. hett

hett New Member

After having gotten my LED issues more or less worked out on GPA10, I updated to 11 and am now having issues again, albeit a different one. I wiped data and cache and reinstalled GPA11, and the issue persists.

The LED will flash when I receive a notification, and turn off when the screen is on as expected with a stock build, but when the screen turns off again the LED does not start flashing again. This is a little frustrating for me. I've tested it and it happens with every type of notification, be it email, SMS, whatever. All of my apps are stock and I am using the default kernel.
  2. webeougher

webeougher New Member

I could be mistaken, but this is completely normal behavior. The phone assumes that once you've turned the screen on, you've seen the notification (or at the very least that you have one), and it stops flashing. That's how mine has always worked.
  3. hett

hett New Member

Neither my G1 nor my Droid ever did this. The LED has always continued to flash until the notification was either cleared or tapped.
  4. mursepaolo

mursepaolo New Member

yes.. but it might be a new feature with 2.3.2 in order to save more battery..
  5. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

I'm with web here, always been my D1 experience ...
  6. bmx24

bmx24 New Member

that is part of android not a bug send your self a text then turn off your screen so that u receve it when your screen is off then it will start flashing but if u turn on your screen on and then off the phone thinks that you saw it in your status bar and there is no need to flash the led any more
  7. webeougher

webeougher New Member

We're wasting our time - I just looked to see who the original poster was, and this person is dead-set that any and everything wrong with their phone is Pete's fault, regardless of whether or not they're the only person experiencing it.

Oh, and OP? Reinstall GPA 10, and if your LEDs work like you want them to, then just flash GPA 11 over it without wiping.
  8. hett

hett New Member

That was how I installed GPA11 the first time.

As for blaming Pete for everything, not quite - - I just find it prudent when I experience what I perceive to be a possible bug to ask the developer of my ROM what is up before I go ****ing around with my system.

Edit: Also, I realize of course I could have been completely wrong about this being a bug. I haven't used a stock ROM in a long time, and I always have my LED set to blink until the notification is cleared.
  9. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

Yeah it's been this way since 2.2. I would prefer to have it blink even when the phone is on but it doesn't. I really wish there were ways to customize things like this in the stock Roms.