Gotta Drone?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
520527-yuneec-typhoon-h.jpg

We here at DF are starting to get drone fever and with the weather warming up, nature blooming, it is a great time to be out and about with your quad.

Over the course of the coming months we will be posting tips (both by video and editorial) on how to get started, where to fly, and other key things to get you going.

With that said let's start it out right with a place to post some of your videos.

Don't worry if it is raw without any polish from editing software, just post what you got and remember to be safe and have fun.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I shot this today right before it started to rain. I did do some minor editing such as add some saturation as well as cut out a spot where I accidentally filmed someone (I actually had to use YT editor for that which is why you will hear a skip at around the 40+ second mark).

Oh, because it was my first time flying I was taking it slow. I ended up speeding this video playback up.

Briankbl

Reaction score
My company is sUAVe Home Photography. We film for real estate listings, but this was just a quickie video showcasing one of the flight modes on my Phantom 4 Pro.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Briankbl

Reaction score
Random work I've done over the past few weeks.
DJI_0010.JPG
DJI_0007.JPG
DJI_0022.jpg
DJI_0005.JPG
DJI_0001-3-2.jpg

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My company is sUAVe Home Photography. We film for real estate listings, but this was just a quickie video showcasing one of the flight modes on my Phantom 4 Pro.

Random work I've done over the past few weeks. View attachment 77380View attachment 77381View attachment 77382View attachment 77383View attachment 77384

That's some awesome work. What did you edit that with?

Briankbl

Reaction score
That's some awesome work. What did you edit that with?
For the stills, I use Lightroom. For video, I'll start in After Effects, then I export to Premiere Pro, lastly I'll use Wondershare Filmora for my titles and credits.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Does the cop live there or was he checking on things?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Though I have a macbook pro with FCP, I was looking for ways for those looking to edit video via chomebook to do so. Now you can edit on a chromebook with apps like powerdirector but it will require you to upload your file to the cloud.

I tried various tactics to be able to import from a sd card to no success. I even tried using a file explorer to move files into app folders and still no success.

To be fair I did have a big 3 gb file so that posed a risk. But that was a typical flying day for a beginner and I was looking to experiment with using the samsung chromebook with the s pen.

For now I'll chalk this up as a L but I'll keep researching ways if it is possible.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Still on the amateurish level, nowhere near the skill of what @Briankbl put out above. I was still learning the controls as it was my second time up. Forgive the sickening spins as I am having to remove my focus on the quad to the screen. In fact I was actually attempting an exercise where I was going to look at the screen and hover inside that red can and back out. I ended up having to end abruptly when I heard the sound of kids in the background running on the field for flag football practice (it was empty when I got there and did not realize that they had any activities that day as the field is normally empty).

Question:

I had this happen twice where the app fcs on me. If the app fc while you are flying will it just remain at a hover until you reopen the app?