Got the phone at 11AM, scratched screen by 4PM. Dissapointed

JasumX

Reaction score
Got the phone at 11AM, scratched screen by 4PM. (no longer)Dissapointed

Just like the title says, within 5 hours of owning this phone I have a large scratch on the screen. I have yet to bring it back to best buy as I am still at work, but hopefully they will sort me out with a replacement.

I absolutely LOVE the phone otherwise, but from what I've seen these screens are quite fragile. It was in its own pocket most of the day for crying out loud! If BB replaces it the first thing I'm doing is buying a screen protector.

Last edited:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow that's quick i hope best buy helps you out . i have noticed that with samsung products you need screen protectors. i am guessing they don't use gorilla glass

zacedward

Reaction score
JasumX said:
Just like the title says, within 5 hours of owning this phone I have a large scratch on the screen. I have yet to bring it back to best buy as I am still at work, but hopefully they will sort me out with a replacement.

I absolutely LOVE the phone otherwise, but from what I've seen these screens are quite fragile. It was in its own pocket most of the day for crying out loud! If BB replaces it the first thing I'm doing is buying a screen protector.

That's crazy this screen is supposed time be gariila glass 2

akitasumo

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, time to order the screen protector. Hope things work out for you, may want to go in with the position it arrived that way...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That's crazy this screen is supposed time be gariila glass 2

Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant, not scratch proof. A good screen protector is always a wise investment, regardless of what type of screen a device has.

BAMA74

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, time to order the screen protector. Hope things work out for you, may want to go in with the position it arrived that way...

I agree!!!!

sent from my HTC Rezound

17akota

Reaction score
If your going to Best Buy then i recommend the Invisishield HD. If you dont feel comfortable putting it on, they will do it for you. Its amazing and worth the ~$30. You cant even tell theres a screen protector on it. :)
Had it on mine within 20 minutes of unboxing. :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

What, pray tell was in your pocket with the phone that could have caused that scratch? What you need to understand is that although the screen is scratch resistant, it only takes a fine grain of sand (dirt) on your finger to slice an ugly scar onto the screen. Make sure your fingers are clean before roving and swiping the screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rumblee1

Reaction score
Ah, don't wonder why it's said that motorola has the best build quality followed by HTC. I've had my bionic since day 1 and love it. No scratches and NO SCREEN PROTECTOR. That's why I'm waiting for the RAZR hd.

zacedward

Reaction score
17akota said:
If your going to Best Buy then i recommend the Invisishield HD. If you dont feel comfortable putting it on, they will do it for you. Its amazing and worth the ~$30. You cant even tell theres a screen protector on it. :)
Had it on mine within 20 minutes of unboxing. :)

Just to let u know zagg.com is having 50% off coupon code is Jul50 got my a invisible shield hd for 9.99

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, had my phone for two days with no protection and no problems, put on a protector from www.clarivue.com fantastic protectors, also same one on my Rezound, my last Gorilla glass HTC Incredible was always naked and never had any scratches, still looks like new, my nephew is sporting it. You probably had a sand crystal rub against it, only thing that will scratch reinforced glass is sand "glass is made from sand" and diamonds. Good luck.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I've never used a screen protector and never had any noticeable scratches.

I would suggest you clean out your pockets and in the future clean your fingers before using the phone. Keys will not scratch your phone so you don't have to worry about that but sand and glass of the same type will scratch it instantly.