got the ota gb update now cant root

half_pint001

Reaction score
i have tried it several times and nothing works i even downloaded the one click 2 different times. the one click on the computer wont move past the reboot step which is step 1. every time i try it i just get the bootloader on my phone saying d2.37 and that the battery is ok and so on. i dont know if there is answer for this already but i am getting a little frustrated and beyond the point of trying to look right now(i have tried to look but find the same things over and over again), so does anyone have answer to solve my problem or direct me to a solution. any help would be appreciated.

OP
H

half_pint001

Reaction score
ok i will give the driver another shot. i might have those already but i will try again and see what happens. yes i have 2.3.3. i had found a post regarding opening the adb command prompt but it looks like it pops up and then goes away so...idk but i will try the drivers and give you an answer most likely tomorrow as to what happens.

i just read the link to the post you gave me and i will have to try the gingerbreak 1.2 if nothing else works. i just hope i dont brick my phone cause i dont want to sbf again to download the update and go through all that fun stuff again. its not hard i just want to do that again. cool well i will try the suggestions and let you know what worked for me.

trook

Reaction score
The Droid 3 root method sounds like the answer to your problem

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Professordroid

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Here's what fixed it.

ok i will give the driver another shot. i might have those already but i will try again and see what happens. yes i have 2.3.3. i had found a post regarding opening the adb command prompt but it looks like it pops up and then goes away so...idk but i will try the drivers and give you an answer most likely tomorrow as to what happens.

i just read the link to the post you gave me and i will have to try the gingerbreak 1.2 if nothing else works. i just hope i dont brick my phone cause i dont want to sbf again to download the update and go through all that fun stuff again. its not hard i just want to do that again. cool well i will try the suggestions and let you know what worked for me.

I had the same issue. I SBF'd my Droid 2 back to stock froyo. Took the OTA Gingerbread and tried several methods that had always worked for me to root with no success. I followed the Linux directions in this thread and Boom goes the Dynamite. Root.

[ROOT/UNROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX)

At first my phone wasn't recognised like it normally was so I restarted the phone and everything ran fine.

OP
H

half_pint001

Reaction score
aaahhh

....idk where to start. i have tried i think everything to root. i havent tried the linux cause i cant get the file to run but i havent looked around for that answer yet. i just tried the z4 root and my phone froze after a couple of min so we will see how that worked out after i restart my phone. my last option is to sbf and wipe the data and everything else at the end which i dont believe i did in the first place. that could be the source of my problem but i am no expert. the good thing is my phone restarted just fine it looks like...oh i tried it one more time it went further saying something about the root shell i believe and then kicked back to my home screen. so i think that is no go either. could me not wiping my data and cache when i sbfed be the problem?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the D3/Bionic method?

Sent from my A855, while on the move.