Got the 2600mAh extended battery, loving it

get quad

Reaction score
Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery

This extended 2600mAh battery (vs the 1350mAh stock one) thus far has been great. Although likely not quite double the life, I'm no longer paranoid I'll make it though a day without depleting a battery. I'm really digging the fact that the physical extension of the larger battery also provides so many great new ways to hold the phone while in landscape mode. Of course I'm going to have to buy the Seidio car and desk docks to keep my docking functionality, but overall I have to say kudos to them for producing this much-needed Droid accessory and other supporting accessories so quickly!

jpdroid

Reaction score
It may increase your battery life, but given that it doubles the thickness of the DROID, negates the use of both the car and multimedia docks, and has to be one of the ugliest add-ons imaginable, I think I'll pass and just stick with the standard battery.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
That would be nice it weren't so damn big!!! Lol... I would love to have that much extra battery, I think it would be worth it despite the ugliness

backlash

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to agree with both of the above comments. Who the hell gave the "OK" for that design, they should be fired, immediately.

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
My last phone was a Samsung i760 which came with the extended battery from Verizon. The difference in thickness of the battery on that phone was nowhere near as extreme as this one. For the size, you would think you would get triple the battery life.

mach330

Reaction score
that's freakin huge!!! it's like the same thickness as the phone so the thickness is doubled. how do u even put that in your pocket?

thedefectkid

Reaction score
My battery usually last me the whole day thank god...cus if I had to get that think sticking out of my phone people would think I'm trying to bring back the first ever cellphones. Too bulky for my taste.

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
I had the same thoughts from the pics about thickness, but overall the phone is no thicker now with the extended battery than the treo 755 I once carried.

Of course it's not pretty, but until an Industrial Designer comes along and makes them look sexier I'll enjoy this one just the same.

Last edited:

Taylorstevens

Reaction score
Seidio is currently working on an extended battery that is the same size as the OEM one btw

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've got to go with the first few posters. That thing is hideous and ridiculously over sized... One reason I like this phone is the streamlined design (it's sleek and clean)...
They should have looked into various other methods if that was the desired capacity (i.e. extending over some of the speaker or the back of the phone or something). Hopefully they'll get the slim-extended out before long (though I easily get a full day out of a charge so I'm in no rush).

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Seidio is currently working on an extended battery that is the same size as the OEM one btw

Thank GOD. I just about ALWAYS make it through the day without depleting the battery [though I do tend to have to charge it every night...], but I wouldn't mind it lasting longer/not having to worry about how much I use my phone later in the night to avoid it dying before I plug it in to go to bed.

Sex Cells

Reaction score
nope. not doing it. not worth being tackled and getting the **** kicked out of me by TSA.