Got some extra pocket money? Support a good cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Disaster Alert: Earthquake in Haiti American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom

You can now donate to the American Red Cross to aid them in their relief effort by texting HAITI to 90999.
good post will make a donation

to vince young, he was having issues which is why fisher benched him. I watched him play at the stadium (though I am a 49er fan), and vince benefitted from sitting and getting himself together. He was able to mature and learn the game better from kerry collins.

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, he definately benefitted by watching the whole last season, I don't know about this season though. I felt that Jeff Fisher should have put VY in from at least week four.

Anyway, let's help these people!

thelion

Reaction score
i refuse to donate money to help another country until all our problems here are gone.

Right because they are less worthy than we are. Sorry, but we aren't dying in the streets from a horrific earthquake, lack of clean drinking water, lack of food, no medical supplies. Take a look at what is happening in Haiti right now and anyone with half a heart would give whatever they could. To do otherwise is selfish. Not helping Haiti wont help America. It just makes you look like a jackass.

Unless of course you are suggesting we set up a "save the wealthiest country in the world" fund?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
i refuse to donate money to help another country until all our problems here are gone.

Right because they are less worthy than we are. Sorry, but we aren't dying in the streets from a horrific earthquake, lack of clean drinking water, lack of food, no medical supplies. Take a look at what is happening in Haiti right now and anyone with half a heart would give whatever they could. To do otherwise is selfish. Not helping Haiti wont help America. It just makes you look like a jackass.

Unless of course you are suggesting we set up a "save the wealthiest country in the world" fund?

To the OP great post and thanks for sharing for those that can and want to donate.

Rant:
To thelion:
We also already GIVE more than ANY other country in the world as it is. Primarily to 'save face' with the rest of the world who still doesn't appreciate it. So he has a valid point. There are millions of people here in the states that could benefit from the $100Million dollars that our kids and grand-kids will have to pay for.

It's one thing for us to be humanitarian when our **** is together (i.e. years ago when we were prosperous and successful). It's just STUPID to do so with the problems we are having now (again, especially with the HUGE amounts we already spend on being 'humanitarian')... We're boring BILLIONS from China so we can send it elsewhere... yeah, sounds right...

Addition: It amazes me that the rest of the world sees us as negatively as they do (for whatever reason) when it's convenient for them but then we are the first ones looked to (and expected) for aid... and what pisses me off EVEN MORE is when anyone else has the nerve to suggest we put OURSELVES first others jump on them for being selfish or 'inconsiderate' (or in this case called a 'jackass'). Guess what NO ONE else is going to help the US but the US.

Last edited:
OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Garrett you should just be thankful that you don't starve everyday, and live without plumbing, clean drinking water, very low end technology, and shoddy shelter.

Last edited:

shademar

Reaction score
You can easily donate to red cross through itunes as well (which I just did in spite of having sworn never to use itunes again.)

Thanks titans.

thelion

Reaction score
To the OP great post and thanks for sharing for those that can and want to donate.

Rant:
To thelion:
We also already GIVE more than ANY other country in the world as it is. Primarily to 'save face' with the rest of the world who still doesn't appreciate it. So he has a valid point. There are millions of people here in the states that could benefit from the $100Million dollars that our kids and grand-kids will have to pay for.

It's one thing for us to be humanitarian when our **** is together (i.e. years ago when we were prosperous and successful). It's just STUPID to do so with the problems we are having now (again, especially with the HUGE amounts we already spend on being 'humanitarian')... We're boring BILLIONS from China so we can send it elsewhere... yeah, sounds right...

Addition: It amazes me that the rest of the world sees us as negatively as they do (for whatever reason) when it's convenient for them but then we are the first ones looked to (and expected) for aid... and what pisses me off EVEN MORE is when anyone else has the nerve to suggest we put OURSELVES first others jump on them for being selfish or 'inconsiderate' (or in this case called a 'jackass'). Guess what NO ONE else is going to help the US but the US.

We give more dollar for dollar but based on GDP, we often give much less. The fact is the suffering in Haiti is not waiting for us to be successful. You actually think we should let people just suffer in abject misery because we hit a rough patch? You do realize that "broke" in America is still unbelievably wealthy in Haiti, right? The Haitians cannot even imagine what our "poor" still live with.

For the record, many countries offered aid during Katrina. After 9/11 many humanitarians were foreign. It is awfully convenient that we have forgotten this.

We have an obligation as humans to help each other. I wasn't talking about governments - he said HE was not giving aid and that makes HIM selfish. He didn't say he wasn't giving it because he had none. H didn't say he wasn't giving it because he is unemployed. He said he wasn't giving it because our country is in a recession. And that is very selfish. I can only hope that the people who refuse to help their fellow men never end up in a situation where they might be denied the help they need.

And, for what it is worth no one should ever put themselves first. A basic concept of civilized society is that you help those less fortunate than yourselves. You shouldn't go broke doing it but I find it hard to believe that people who have hundreds of dollars to spend on a phone cannot spare $10 to help people that can't afford even the most basic of life's needs.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey lets calm down with the rant, yea you all have a point that we are looked at when times are rough, and when we have problems (ie katrina or 9/11) the world can care less about us.....but thats what make us better because we do have compassion.
It is your money if you want to donate then donate, if not move on. I will do my part.
Now for those complaining about giving....have you done any thing to help your community this past year since we been in this economic crisis. If so keep it up, if not then you sound like a hypocrite if you not doing what you can do to help your fellow man. There are many organizations that can use our assistance here in america as well. Every dollar, ounce of blood, gift for kids charity helps. The point is to open you hear and help out.
:happy:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

i understand they may have a crisis going on there and i do feel bad but what bothers me is Americans get all up in a hurry to donate to every other country to help them when over 25% of americans are living in poverty and our school system is a joke. Theres people still living in FEMA trailers from katrina yeah some are still there to mooch off the government but some are stuck in them because theres no work and they cant afford to move because they have nothing and no money.

How much money did we get from other countries when 911, or hurricane Katrina happened. Nothing compared to the aid we give everyone else.

Our foster system is in shambles. People dont want to adopt kids right now and when these kids get 18 the foster system kicks them out and now we have homeless kids living on the street that did nothing to deserve it.

maybe im an a$$hole but i belive in helping our own before we even think about helping anyone else.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Yeah man , I feel so bad for these people..... I txt to 501 501, txt the word Yele $5 will be billed to ur cell phone bill and the money Is for relief effort for Heiti, God bless them all.

thelion

Reaction score

i understand they may have a crisis going on there and i do feel bad but what bothers me is Americans get all up in a hurry to donate to every other country to help them when over 25% of americans are living in poverty and our school system is a joke. Theres people still living in FEMA trailers from katrina yeah some are still there to mooch off the government but some are stuck in them because theres no work and they cant afford to move because they have nothing and no money.

How much money did we get from other countries when 911, or hurricane Katrina happened. Nothing compared to the aid we give everyone else.

Our foster system is in shambles. People dont want to adopt kids right now and when these kids get 18 the foster system kicks them out and now we have homeless kids living on the street that did nothing to deserve it.

maybe im an a$$hole but i belive in helping our own before we even think about helping anyone else.

Just because America isn't perfect doesn't mean we shouldn't help others worse off. We are still FAR better off than they were before the earthquake hit. Not helping them is not going to fix our problems. Getting off our asses and doing something productive will fix our problems.

Do you know why we didn't get aid from other countries after Katrina and 9/11? Because we turned it down. Yup. We turned AWAY supplies after Katrina. We denied docking to ships carrying supplies and turned down money. "We didn't need it" they said. Funny how people forget this...

You are living in a fairytale if you think that things are going to get better here by not helping Haiti. Not helping Haiti may actually make things worse. Guess who thrives on America being seen as the bad guy and countries falling into (even more) ruin? Yup, you guessed it - the people that hate us most!

You want America to be better, safer, more prosperous? How about we open our eyes and realize that we aren't closed off from the world and what happens elsewhere has a profound affect on us.

Edmvr6

Reaction score

Just because America isn't perfect doesn't mean we shouldn't help others worse off. We are still FAR better off than they were before the earthquake hit. Not helping them is not going to fix our problems. Getting off our asses and doing something productive will fix our problems.

Do you know why we didn't get aid from other countries after Katrina and 9/11? Because we turned it down. Yup. We turned AWAY supplies after Katrina. We denied docking to ships carrying supplies and turned down money. "We didn't need it" they said. Funny how people forget this...

You are living in a fairytale if you think that things are going to get better here by not helping Haiti. Not helping Haiti may actually make things worse. Guess who thrives on America being seen as the bad guy and countries falling into (even more) ruin? Yup, you guessed it - the people that hate us most!

You want America to be better, safer, more prosperous? How about we open our eyes and realize that we aren't closed off from the world and what happens elsewhere has a profound affect on us.

GREAT POST bro....

thelion

Reaction score

GREAT POST bro....

:) I'm a lady Droider... but thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.