Got Samsung Galaxy S4 wireless charging back cover and pad from Samsung at half price

reybie

Reaction score
I ordered aftermarket one similar to (white) the one MandyMakesApps used, mine works with the Rinke case but I can feel that slight bump behind the phone. It bugs me knowing that it's there but it works :)

OP
bbtkd

bbtkd

Reaction score
I ordered aftermarket one similar to (white) the one MandyMakesApps used, mine works with the Rinke case but I can feel that slight bump behind the phone. It bugs me knowing that it's there but it works :)

You mean it is one of the sticker/foil ones? If so, I'm surprised it would be noticeable.

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I'm wondering just how well the (sticker) receiver & qi charging pad work. That will work with any case cover but if it doesn't work well or causes your phone back to melt or something crazy I'll just still with wired charging. :(

reybie

Reaction score
You mean it is one of the sticker/foil ones? If so, I'm surprised it would be noticeable.

Yes, the foil kind. The one I got is a little smaller than the black version I saw posted in another thread, that's probably why the coil is a little bulkier than the black one where it's more distributed. I have had no overheat problems with the Nokia charging pad.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well got the charging back and pad in today. Sad to report that it does not really fit well with the Ottorbox Commuter. It goes in the rubber part okay, but when you put the plastic piece around it the fit is not right.

Looks like I will either be returning or maybe trying Craigslist.

The charging works through the case but the plastic piece just does cover enough for me anymore. Others might be okay with it but for me it is a deal breaker.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Well got the charging back and pad in today. Sad to report that it does not really fit well with the Ottorbox Commuter. It goes in the rubber part okay, but when you put the plastic piece around it the fit is not right.

Looks like I will either be returning or maybe trying Craigslist.

The charging works through the case but the plastic piece just does cover enough for me anymore. Others might be okay with it but for me it is a deal breaker.

You got the official Samsung back?

I was thinking of grabbing the charging pad from them and just buying one of those receivers from eBay. Should work fine with original battery cover.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You got the official Samsung back?

I was thinking of grabbing the charging pad from them and just buying one of those receivers from eBay. Should work fine with original battery cover.

I did, ordered that and the charger from Samsung with that 50% the entire order coupon.

Sent from my S4

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
uploadfromtaptalk1372568728106.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1372568742114.jpg

Sent from my S4

jtcsifl

Reaction score
Mine was delivered on Monday. I installed the back & installed my Otterbox Commuter. The rubber part fits pretty close to how it's supposed to but, the hard plastic spine/cover doesn't fit quite like it's supposed to. It's close enough for me to go ahead and keep it. I tried it with my Trident case & the plastic spine/cover part didn't fit as well as the Commuter. If I had it to do over, I'd have bought the charging pad @ 50% off & gotten one of the receivers from eBay that most likely would have allowed my cases to fit properly.

apippin

Reaction score
My Seidio surface case has the aluminum kickstand on the back towards the bottom. I'm thinking it won't block the foil, but wonder if it still might cause issues?

I have the same case you do and was interested in knowing if inductive charging would work with it or not. Did you ever find an inductive charging solution that worked with your case or not?

OP
bbtkd

bbtkd

Reaction score
Well - before I received the Samsung backs someone posted a video showing they were much thicker so would not fit any case. I left them unopened and returned the backs and the pads. I've since read that even the foil receiver stickers add a notable bulge to the back cover though the cover will go on. This leaves me questioning whether the surface will fit with a bulging cover. So, haven't done anything.

shinojmahe

Reaction score
I recently found that Samsung sells the wireless charging back cover for the S4 for $39.99 and charging pad for $49.99 on their site, then found a 50% off coupon code (rv18623). After shipping and tax, I paid about $23 ea for the covers and about $27 ea for the pads! I got one set for me and one for my son. I believe the code is good through June, not sure how long they'll have them in stock. Just go to their site, select the S4, click on accessories, click on show all, and it's towards the bottom. I didn't see the set, and in fact didn't note the pads the other day when I bought the covers, but just ordered them today. One thing to note is that the pad does not come with a charger since it uses the 2A charger that comes with the phone. I'm anxious to see if the pad works with my Seidio surface case, particularly since it has the kickstand. Might have to get the non kickstand cover.

Ohh interesting,
could u share the link for that please??
i too wish to order, i am from UAE.

waiting

best
shi

reybie

Reaction score
Looks like the pads are on sale again. For those with cases that are really snug, the charging back cover might get in the way of your case. The foil kind you can get on ebay or amazon works but still gives a noticeable bulge on the back of the cover and through whatever case you use.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I just ordered a second one for the nightstand. They're great. I'm sure that plugging in and unplugging something from the phone every day is eventually going to take it's toll.