Got replacement bionic yesterday

don_droid

Reaction score
First off, besides being clearer the battery life is much better, almost double. Same battery, since phone was just a reconditioned one. I checked and saw it was about 4 months newer dom. No freezes yet but just one day and they were always random. Seems better - if u are struggling with problems maybe a new phone will help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Looks like I might need to as well, as my 3g stopped working. However, I can't find much information about removing forever root, much less removing it on .901. Any thoughts on that?

OP
D

don_droid

Reaction score
Sorry mine has always been stock, but I see many people talking about a one click way to return to stock.

Reaction score
I have had no luck going back to stock and forever rooting. It seems you can get to stock but no root and for the life of mange I could not figure out why. The 901 update did help with 3g along with the WiFi to 3g hand off too for me but the best results I had were the kin3tx 901 compatible Rom.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

bjjud

Reaction score
Got my replacement 2 weeks ago, came with 5.5.893 (Pete's root didnt work, used a different one.."1-click_exploit", which, perma-rooted it, I THINK..went by very fast) Not sure what is to be gained by constantly jumping into the new releases...results seem ALWAYS mixed

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had no luck going back to stock and forever rooting. It seems you can get to stock but no root and for the life of mange I could not figure out why. The 901 update did help with 3g along with the WiFi to 3g hand off too for me but the best results I had were the kin3tx 901 compatible Rom.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

I posted a very easy guide for a fxz file that i created with rooting method for the problems not only u but other people have been experiancing with the 901 update to its in the droid bionic section titled 5.5.893 fxz .901 compatible hope that helps

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got my replacement 2 weeks ago, came with 5.5.893 (Pete's root didnt work, used a different one.."1-click_exploit", which, perma-rooted it, I THINK..went by very fast) Not sure what is to be gained by constantly jumping into the new releases...results seem ALWAYS mixed

P3droids 1 click exploit is only a standard rooting method not permanent

bjjud

Reaction score
Ya, knew that, but you have to root the thing to beGIN with, before the 'permanent' part comes into play. I spent hours trying to find where to go from 5.5.893, most folks are miles past there, and when I COULD find the right place, the site was invariably down for maintenance or something

Tonik

Reaction score
Looks like I might need to as well, as my 3g stopped working. However, I can't find much information about removing forever root, much less removing it on .901. Any thoughts on that?

Remove it so you can send it in for a replacement? Just send it in. I did that with an 894 off the path phone and never heard a word. I have not heard of anyone getting hassled for root or off path software on their phones.

bjjud

Reaction score
Remove it so you can send it in for a replacement? Just send it in. I did that with an 894 off the path phone and never heard a word. I have not heard of anyone getting hassled for root or off path software on their phones.
to that end, if you do a factory reset....how much digging does the clerk at the Verizon store have to do to find out if it HAD been rooted?

Tonik

Reaction score
to that end, if you do a factory reset....how much digging does the clerk at the Verizon store have to do to find out if it HAD been rooted?

A factory reset won't hide it at all, so if they look it will be plain as day. However it is my belief that very few clerks know what to look for and none of them care. They are all about turning over customers, keeping the line down and making the customer happy.

bjjud

Reaction score
That was my thought as well, when I gave them my Bionic for a bad ear-piece jack....I mean, do they REALLY want to alienate customers who give them $75+ per phone?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force

While I would love to make it this simple, I don't know if it's worth the risk of potentially getting charged $600, which I sure as hell don't have to spare. There has to be SOME way to remove root and go back to .893 right? RIGHT?! I see plenty of stuff about flashing back and retaining root, but I need to get rid of it...

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
While I would love to make it this simple, I don't know if it's worth the risk of potentially getting charged $600, which I sure as hell don't have to spare. There has to be SOME way to remove root and go back to .893 right? RIGHT?! I see plenty of stuff about flashing back and retaining root, but I need to get rid of it...

I have sent in 6 rooted an custom flashed bionics in for a replacement do to bricking an havent received a single charge but petes root tools can un root ur phone the just download root checker from the market to see it does petes has always worked for me ( first rooted an bricked phone i sent in was in sept an still no charge)

Reaction score
My best reply is to call, ask for a replacement, tell them you did a factory data reset and it did not fox the issue. Then try every method to get back to stock and brick it when the new one arrives. That's what I did even though I did not like to do it.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"