Got replacement bionic yesterday

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by don_droid, Feb 4, 2012.

1. don_droid

don_droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off, besides being clearer the battery life is much better, almost double. Same battery, since phone was just a reconditioned one. I checked and saw it was about 4 months newer dom. No freezes yet but just one day and they were always random. Seems better - if u are struggling with problems maybe a new phone will help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

2. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +114
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force
    Looks like I might need to as well, as my 3g stopped working. However, I can't find much information about removing forever root, much less removing it on .901. Any thoughts on that?

3. don_droid

don_droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry mine has always been stock, but I see many people talking about a one click way to return to stock.

4. treefrog20012003

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had no luck going back to stock and forever rooting. It seems you can get to stock but no root and for the life of mange I could not figure out why. The 901 update did help with 3g along with the WiFi to 3g hand off too for me but the best results I had were the kin3tx 901 compatible Rom.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

5. bjjud

bjjud Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got my replacement 2 weeks ago, came with 5.5.893 (Pete's root didnt work, used a different one.."1-click_exploit", which, perma-rooted it, I THINK..went by very fast) Not sure what is to be gained by constantly jumping into the new releases...results seem ALWAYS mixed

6. sargentmajord

sargentmajord Silver Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I posted a very easy guide for a fxz file that i created with rooting method for the problems not only u but other people have been experiancing with the 901 update to its in the droid bionic section titled 5.5.893 fxz .901 compatible hope that helps

7. sargentmajord

sargentmajord Silver Member

Ratings:
    +16
    P3droids 1 click exploit is only a standard rooting method not permanent

8. bjjud

bjjud Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya, knew that, but you have to root the thing to beGIN with, before the 'permanent' part comes into play. I spent hours trying to find where to go from 5.5.893, most folks are miles past there, and when I COULD find the right place, the site was invariably down for maintenance or something

9. Tonik

Tonik Active Member

Ratings:
    +67
    Remove it so you can send it in for a replacement? Just send it in. I did that with an 894 off the path phone and never heard a word. I have not heard of anyone getting hassled for root or off path software on their phones.

10. bjjud

bjjud Member

Ratings:
    +0
    to that end, if you do a factory reset....how much digging does the clerk at the Verizon store have to do to find out if it HAD been rooted?

11. Tonik

Tonik Active Member

Ratings:
    +67
    A factory reset won't hide it at all, so if they look it will be plain as day. However it is my belief that very few clerks know what to look for and none of them care. They are all about turning over customers, keeping the line down and making the customer happy.

12. bjjud

bjjud Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That was my thought as well, when I gave them my Bionic for a bad ear-piece jack....I mean, do they REALLY want to alienate customers who give them $75+ per phone?