Got Oreo on my z2 force

Discussion in 'Moto Z2 Force' started by SMYDSMITH, Jan 4, 2018.

1. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +4,265
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    I'll lay with it to confirm (or deny).

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +12,393
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    I have two phones, my personal phone (Z Force) and an old Samsung provided by my employer. It's still on Kit Kat and will never see another update. With our company security policies the only thing I can do from the Lock Screen is answer calls....that's it. All other options are not available

I guess what we are trying to say is that your phone security is controlled by your employer, because either you opted to or they pay for the phone. If your issue is with Google Security policy in Oreo, nobody here can really help with that. If your issue is with the Z2 Force, sell it and get a different phone. If it's running Oreo and stock Android it will have the same results

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3. SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH Active Member

Ratings:
    +143
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 2
    I am trying to make the following point that phones interpret policies in different ways for instance an iPhone x with face id will be unlockable by a face while certain Android phones with the same policy will unlock with a face or voice etc while other androids will not unlock with the same policy. Also some things like Apple watch and blue tooth devices override these type of thing there doesn't seem to be a set standard of what's allowed or not

Hands free should be automatically be allowed for certain essential features like calling, voice navigation to Google maps.

I do find that your kit Kat phone behaves the way it does maybe KitKat started the lockdown extra security or maybe it varies by manufacturer . I have seen various different behaviors with different phones on the policy. Curious what other people besides you and me have seen on the forum with when face unlock and hands free voice control works on the lock screen or not

#27 SMYDSMITH, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  4. PereDroid

Ratings:
    +4,265
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    - Removed Home from Trusted Places
    - Turned off facial
    - Disconnected Watch
    - Turned off body detection
    - Locked phone with fingerprint
    - Checked to ensure phone was locked: check
    - "OK, Google” Phone woke up, unlocked and Goog was waiting for me to say something.

Also, as the phone admin in my office I require passcodes. That's it. There are no settings anywhere for me to say "user must use fingerprint".

So I have no clue what's up with your phone, bro.

#28 PereDroid, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +12,393
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    But we can't just say "curious to see what other people have noticed..." when your phone is controlled by your employer security policies and most folks are not. Can't compare apples to oranges. Pere just posted that a Z2 Force without security policies in place performs as you would expect and as my phone does.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

6. PereDroid

Ratings:
    +4,265
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Further testing. Hmm[​IMG]

7. PereDroid

Ratings:
    +4,265
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Strange. Unlocked a few times after that.

In defense of dude, it probably is a phone thing. Like I tried to say, poorly, earlier is there is no security setting to block voice from unlocking. I can demand a passcode, but not much else.

8. SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH Active Member

Ratings:
    +143
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 2
    Ok seems I give in it seems like weirdness to me that hands free calling with ok now would be blocked by some unknown policy but you can make calls from blue tooth. If calls are permitted it should be a standard that the should be allowed via dialing from keypad and Bluetooth and voice. Also voice assisted navigation controllell would be useful if your screen locks and you want to ask Google maps how to get somewhere.

I still stick by what seems to be that some phones interpret polices differently and I have never seen a policy that says don't allow hands free calling etc so it's either a policy put in place by the phone manufacturer based on an applied admin policy it receives and a combination of Android version

It's a an annoying mystery

Have a good night cheers till my next thing I find that irks me about cell phones and trying to find the configuration that works the best

Despite all my rambling I still think the z2 force is the best phone Ive ever had yet can't beat that I've used it all day without charging and it still says 1 day of battery left. I think Oreo even increased the z2 force battery time which was awesome already

9. PereDroid

Ratings:
    +4,265
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Agree on battery. But now I'm stymied and am going to have to figure this out. Only if your company runs Gsuite can this granular security be added.
    I tried it a few more times and it worked fine. Only once was I told to unlock it first.

10. bruben7886

bruben7886 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +1,763
    OP, are you by any chance using Nova launcher?

11. SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH Active Member

Ratings:
    +143
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 2
    I am using nova launcher but I don't think that's it what do you suspect about nova launcher
    When I check android settings there is an info button that says hands free and facial recognition blocked by admin policy applied by native email client. Seems like if you a secure email it locks the lock screen with this extra security but I wish it didn't consider hands free calling and navigation a security risk as I feel that's a step backwards. Conversely iPhone x face I'd works with the same secure email policy, so Android and or Moto or the Google email client seems more restrictive. And I believe there are some other models of Android phones that behave differently which is why it seems like there isn't a common interpretation of phone lock down policies accross os and vendors that is uniform.

12. bruben7886

bruben7886 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I mention it because I use Nova and have noticed the same thing.
    Have you tried uninstalling Nova and going stock to see if it solves your problem? (I haven't... Not a big deal for me.)

Search tags for this page

azs

best cameras
news