Got new OTA today but......

dlo-htown

Reaction score
The update didn't help with my data dropouts. Still happens.

But I already knew it wouldn't when folks started claiming that it was the same as the leaked patch, and that one didn't fix the data dropout issues.

So, as far as I'm concerned, it's a useless update. Ya the cam focuses faster, but whoopdeedoo... the camera doesn't connect me online when I need to.

I have no reason to be excited about this update. Still waiting for my Bionic to work right.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
The update didn't help with my data dropouts. Still happens.

But I already knew it wouldn't when folks started claiming that it was the same as the leaked patch, and that one didn't fix the data dropout issues.

So, as far as I'm concerned, it's a useless update. Ya the cam focuses faster, but whoopdeedoo... the camera doesn't connect me online when I need to.

I have no reason to be excited about this update. Still waiting for my Bionic to work right.

So many with this helping yet nothing helps you? Wondering I'd its not you're unit or area...

Living on the edge!

dlo-htown

Reaction score
So many with this helping yet nothing helps you? Wondering I'd its not you're unit or area...

Living on the edge!

I'm sure my area has a little to do with it, as I'm on the outskirts of Houston, and while I'm outside, I get OK 4G signal, and it improves as I head closer to town, but there are times when the signal drops down to 1 bar or less.

But that shouldn't be a problem, the 3G signal is good everywhere around the Houston area. But instead of dropping down to 3g, it just drops to "no connection".

My first Bionic did the same thing, so it's not just this one phone doing it.

But I'm not complaining this update didn't fix it, from what I've read, the "testers" were still getting the drop out issues. So I wasn't expecting it to be fixed.

I can't say why others are reporting their data dropouts are fixed when this patch is already documented as NOT fixing them, unless there are multiple causes for the data dropouts and the ones causing mine aren't addressed in that patch.

Stories

Reaction score
Usually my test to see if data drops are still happenings is when I check my phone in the morning after being plugged in all night. My last email I received last night was at 12:08am. I had no data connectivity from then until I woke up this morning. I had over 10 messages sent after that time. I had to airplane mode to get data again. So no, data is not any better.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I'd say you hit the nail on the head... For many it is fixed as they have indicated, since this just a partial patch and not all inclusive, your particular issues will hopefully beer fixed asap with another patch.

Living on the edge!

deborah3756

Reaction score
My data drop is worse than before. I'm not happy with Motorola at the moment.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the update out for everyone or just the select few. I tried to update but says unavailable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

It's for everyone, but it'll be random. As I understand it, you'll be pinged and if you don't have the update it'll load in the background and let you how when it's done. If you check for updates if it says you have the latest version, then that means you're not scheduled to receive it yet. Your message (and I've gotten it too) means it can't check at that time for any reason(server overload, no connection, etc). I've heard that a Factory Reset might enable the server to check for you, but I didn't need to and I've gotten that message to.

bigfish2099

Reaction score
i got the download today. i unrooted my cell and did a wipe and tried to install the download but it wont do it. anyone know of any fixes

tincup33

Reaction score
I went from bone stock to 5.7.893 about a week before the OTA stuff started getting talked about. When I first installed it, I was getting a few data drops and questionable battery life. I have noticed in the last week + I haven't really seen the data drop issue and my battery seems better for some reason. I'm guessing Verizon fixed something on their end to help with data drops in conjunction with the update being released and the constant searching for data being taken care of is why I saw my battery life change for the better. Signal is stronger than it's ever been now. Just my 2 cents. I didn't stay on the leaked 5.5.893 for more than a couple of minutes.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
The only time I ever lost data was when I had the phone set to max battery saver. It wouldn't turn data on after a certain amount of time being idle. Since the update, its much faster to turn data back on, but its not instantaneous.

Reaction score
The radio version in the leaked (.02) OTA is NOT the same as the the one in the official 5.5.893,(.01) therefore they cannot be compared.

On a different, yet, similar note, I had to get a replacement about a month ago. the CLN that I received has a different hardware revision number (2) than the original I had (1), after I got the replacement I have had zero data drops. Check your hardware revision number under the battery and see which one you have, maybe you need to swap it for another one. Then again it may not even help.

Last edited:

idk5

Reaction score
I haven't had data drop but i have had service drops after phone calls and randomly

mike02vr6

Reaction score
I am available for the update will let you know how it goes. Today my data drop has been absolutely terrible, this sucks. I really hope the update will help me. Not very happy with this phone but I am stuck with it now.

update:
an hr later and I have dropped data twice...guess it didn't help(maybe helped a little doesn't seem like it is out for very long now)...I hate moto...(well right now I do)

Last edited:

mike02vr6

Reaction score
Well it had between good so far, only issue was it showed 4g work full bars but was in white not blue and it was telling me I did not have a data connection

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Mine seems worse.. Camera is faster, but that is the only benefit I'm seeing.

Are any of the newer leaks fixing this data drop issue? I'm starting to think its crappy radio hardware.