Got new OTA today but......

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Ronian30, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Ronian30

Ronian30 New Member

the Data drops seem to be worse then before... anyone else seeing this issue??
  2. HTC1

HTC1 New Member

No data drops since the update

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  3. stikss

stikss New Member

Mine has dropped once so far...

4. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I didn't have the drops like others did; in fact it seems a bit better. Of course, since the update (for me) was only about 3 hours ago, I have to use the phone with the update for a few days just to get an average.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  5. bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins New Member

Won't take the update. Anyone have a leaked update prior to this one?:question:
  6. dkend99

dkend99 New Member

I wasn't able to keep a data connection for the first 6 hours after getting the update. I tried all the same things I did before getting the update. My biggest problem now is that after my phone goes to sleep the data drops and I can't get it to come back. Meaning if I have a data connection then let my phone time out, when I wake the Phone back up the data connection is gone. It was super frustrating at work today when I couldn't listen to Slacker because I couldn't keep a connection. I'm not running any task killers or antivirus apps. I am running Juice Defender and im not sure if that is my problem or not. Hopefully Verizon is having issues today and this will get fixed because I've been waiting for this update for a long time and this is extremely frustrating.

7. joshmiddle

joshmiddle New Member

No data drops so far. Seemed before if i did a complete factory data reset they would always clear up for a day ir so. Been on ota for about 3 hours now. Ill just wait and see if it holds out.

8. dbord

dbord New Member

Before update I would get a data drop maybe once or twice a week, did the update this morning and have had six data drops today. I must say that the camera shutter lag is gone so that's a good thing....
  9. bluezdawg

bluezdawg New Member

Did update early this morning, no drops, 4g signal seems a bit stronger
  10. sargentmajord

sargentmajord New Member

i have been reading the post here an just so everyone is up to speed the .893 update is a incomplete update. its also the original leaked version except with a system checker for radio/kernel it was a relief update to fix the bugs sub par to alleviate people complaints till the .894 update rolls out --> Verizon .893 not true OTA 5.8.894 to be released in 30-60 days
  11. jughead75

jughead75 Member

I did read somewhere in the forums that jucie defender was thought to cause a problem with data drops. Sorry I don't remember which one. You read through so many threads it's hard to remember where you read what sometimes. Try unistalling for a day or two and see if that helps.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums
  12. bluezdawg

bluezdawg New Member

I have been running Juice Defender for a couple of months on stock Bionic. I have not noticed a change in network drops pre/post todays update. Working great!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  13. Suuperflie

Suuperflie New Member

Got the update today and my one click root held.

14. dkend99

dkend99 New Member

After I wrote my post I did a battery pull to see if it would help at all and ever since then I haven't had a single drop. Fingers are crossed it won't start acting up after this post! If it does I might remove JD for a few days as you recommended. Thanks.

15. beaky73

beaky73 New Member

Is the update out for everyone or just the select few. I tried to update but says unavailable.

16. dlo-htown

dlo-htown New Member

The update didn't help with my data dropouts. Still happens.

But I already knew it wouldn't when folks started claiming that it was the same as the leaked patch, and that one didn't fix the data dropout issues.

So, as far as I'm concerned, it's a useless update. Ya the cam focuses faster, but whoopdeedoo... the camera doesn't connect me online when I need to.

I have no reason to be excited about this update. Still waiting for my Bionic to work right.
  17. Nyteravyn

Nyteravyn New Member

So many with this helping yet nothing helps you? Wondering I'd its not you're unit or area...

Living on the edge!
  18. dlo-htown

dlo-htown New Member

I'm sure my area has a little to do with it, as I'm on the outskirts of Houston, and while I'm outside, I get OK 4G signal, and it improves as I head closer to town, but there are times when the signal drops down to 1 bar or less.

But that shouldn't be a problem, the 3G signal is good everywhere around the Houston area. But instead of dropping down to 3g, it just drops to "no connection".

My first Bionic did the same thing, so it's not just this one phone doing it.

But I'm not complaining this update didn't fix it, from what I've read, the "testers" were still getting the drop out issues. So I wasn't expecting it to be fixed.

I can't say why others are reporting their data dropouts are fixed when this patch is already documented as NOT fixing them, unless there are multiple causes for the data dropouts and the ones causing mine aren't addressed in that patch.
  19. Stories

Stories New Member

Usually my test to see if data drops are still happenings is when I check my phone in the morning after being plugged in all night. My last email I received last night was at 12:08am. I had no data connectivity from then until I woke up this morning. I had over 10 messages sent after that time. I had to airplane mode to get data again. So no, data is not any better.
  20. Nyteravyn

Nyteravyn New Member

I'd say you hit the nail on the head... For many it is fixed as they have indicated, since this just a partial patch and not all inclusive, your particular issues will hopefully beer fixed asap with another patch.

Living on the edge!