Got new OTA today but......

Ronian30

Reaction score
the Data drops seem to be worse then before... anyone else seeing this issue??

HTC1

Reaction score
No data drops since the update

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

stikss

Reaction score
Mine has dropped once so far...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't have the drops like others did; in fact it seems a bit better. Of course, since the update (for me) was only about 3 hours ago, I have to use the phone with the update for a few days just to get an average.

Last edited:

dkend99

Reaction score
I wasn't able to keep a data connection for the first 6 hours after getting the update. I tried all the same things I did before getting the update. My biggest problem now is that after my phone goes to sleep the data drops and I can't get it to come back. Meaning if I have a data connection then let my phone time out, when I wake the Phone back up the data connection is gone. It was super frustrating at work today when I couldn't listen to Slacker because I couldn't keep a connection. I'm not running any task killers or antivirus apps. I am running Juice Defender and im not sure if that is my problem or not. Hopefully Verizon is having issues today and this will get fixed because I've been waiting for this update for a long time and this is extremely frustrating.

joshmiddle

Reaction score
No data drops so far. Seemed before if i did a complete factory data reset they would always clear up for a day ir so. Been on ota for about 3 hours now. Ill just wait and see if it holds out.

dbord

Reaction score
Before update I would get a data drop maybe once or twice a week, did the update this morning and have had six data drops today. I must say that the camera shutter lag is gone so that's a good thing....

jughead75

Reaction score
I wasn't able to keep a data connection for the first 6 hours after getting the update. I tried all the same things I did before getting the update. My biggest problem now is that after my phone goes to sleep the data drops and I can't get it to come back. Meaning if I have a data connection then let my phone time out, when I wake the Phone back up the data connection is gone. It was super frustrating at work today when I couldn't listen to Slacker because I couldn't keep a connection. I'm not running any task killers or antivirus apps. I am running Juice Defender and im not sure if that is my problem or not. Hopefully Verizon is having issues today and this will get fixed because I've been waiting for this update for a long time and this is extremely frustrating.

I did read somewhere in the forums that jucie defender was thought to cause a problem with data drops. Sorry I don't remember which one. You read through so many threads it's hard to remember where you read what sometimes. Try unistalling for a day or two and see if that helps.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I did read somewhere in the forums that jucie defender was thought to cause a problem with data drops. Sorry I don't remember which one. You read through so many threads it's hard to remember where you read what sometimes. Try unistalling for a day or two and see if that helps.

I have been running Juice Defender for a couple of months on stock Bionic. I have not noticed a change in network drops pre/post todays update. Working great!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Got the update today and my one click root held.

dkend99

Reaction score

After I wrote my post I did a battery pull to see if it would help at all and ever since then I haven't had a single drop. Fingers are crossed it won't start acting up after this post! If it does I might remove JD for a few days as you recommended. Thanks.

beaky73

Reaction score
Is the update out for everyone or just the select few. I tried to update but says unavailable.