Got my first Droid:) Anyone know if I can watch my Direct TV on my HTC Thunderbolt?

kiwikid

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to access my DirecTV through my New HTC Thunderbolt?
If an app is needed, then which one works best etc?

Cheers for any help people!

teddyblair

Reaction score
as far as just browsing regular, everyday tv, i highly doubt it and have never heard of it.

if you pay for some premium sports packages, some come with apps for mobile viewing - i.e. Directv NFL Sunday Ticket has an Android app that lets you view all of the games every sunday on your phone. However, given our current season, I don't believe MLB Extra Innings has any kind of mobile viewing available.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
You cant view Directv thru it, but get the app, good for programming your receiver when away - no internet connection for the receiver needed, the app sends it to directv servers thru internet, then it's sent to your receiver thru the satellite downlink.

drowe

Reaction score
The only way I know of is with a Slingbox or Hava box. I have the slingbox and I watch whatever I can on my tv on it. The Hava box may or may not have a supported android viewer, check to make sure.
David

OP
K

kiwikid

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments and help guys! Appreciate it!

ss13

Reaction score
i was going to chime in with slingbox as well.