Got my droid charge last week

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by jgray4588, Aug 17, 2011.

1. jgray4588

jgray4588 New Member

I got my charge last friday. So far i am happy with it but wondering if i should have tried waiting a little longer for the bionic. I was coming for a OG droid that was on its last leg and i could upgrade so i did to the charge. I like the phone but not to sure about how it will hold up. I have all was had motorala phones. My thing is i was hoping to get the good battery life posted of 11 hours talk time and be able to get through a day with out having to put my phone on charge. I use my phone a lot for work. Emails, phone calls, text, playing muisc, google maps. I have been turning off my wifi and gps when I dont need them and still can only get about 6 hours at most with the battery. My other question is should i take the charge back to verizon at the end of my 14 days and get the Iphone 4 to hold me over tell i can get the bionic. Dose it work like that.
  2. gthotie5

gthotie5 New Member

You should have bought another og droid off ebay or graigslist.
    Not sure if you can keep changing from phone to phone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  3. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

No, you cant keep exchanging phones every,14days.

I wouldnt expect the incredible battery life you want from an lte phonefor a while.
  4. ConqSoft

ConqSoft New Member

You get one exchange if you're using your upgrade. If you're paying full retail, not sure how many they limit you to.

You're better off returning it and buying one at full retail from Best Buy, where you have 30 days to return it.
  5. jgray4588

jgray4588 New Member

ok sounds like i just need to get the extended battery. then if i want i can root my phone later.

i asked the people at verizon if i could return the phone if i didnt like it and they said i had 14days
  6. jgray4588

jgray4588 New Member

i did use my upgrade
  7. b p

b p New Member

don't need to pay full retail. my local best buy (miamisburg oh.) matched amazons price with no problems whatsoever, then quickly moved all the info i needed to the new phone. i really hate shopping and changing cell phones, but best buy made it easy for me. then we put it on our best buy card w/ 90 days intrest free.
  8. ConqSoft

ConqSoft New Member

Yes, but if you use your upgrade there, you are limited to 14 days to return if I remember correctly. He just wants to use the Charge until the Bionic comes out, so he needs a longer return period. Buying it at full retails allows you to do that. You just have to tie up ~$700 on a credit card for a month.
  9. jgray4588

jgray4588 New Member

Today i have been using my phone for about 12 hours. I have my wifi and gps off, i also switched from 4g to 3g for most of the day when im at work i only need to get emails, phone calls and text. I also listed to music for about 6.5 hours. Originally i bout this phone because it had the great battery life reviews. So i will keep seeing how this phone does.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  10. Canon_Bob

Canon_Bob New Member

Another advantage to going through Best Buy is that they offer a technology buy-back for a bit extra. I got it with my Charge. They guarantee $350 in buy back for the first six months, and it creeps down from there. That way, if the bionic or some other new phone becomes a "gotta have it" then I can just basically go for it again at upgrade prices.
  11. b p

b p New Member

verizon is 14 days ...best buy gives 30 days !