Got my Driod phone today.. ROM change and now im missing all of my apps ?

matt.hughes915

Reaction score
I unrooted my phone, ( dmupdater ) then I purchased the set CPU to over clock droid, then I purchased the premium ROM manager from Koushik.

did some clockworkorange update from the rom manager program, backed up and cleard the cache on the phone? and downloaded the cyanogen mod 5.0.5.3 - droid mod... installed it ( stumbled though sounds more like it )

and now everything is erased off the home screen.. no market place, contacts, the apps I bought ( set cpu, rom manager, and evertthing else I spent all night downloading ) yes I do have the touch screen 3D wall paper that works then you tap on it.. ( nexus one )... but I am sure I did something wrong..

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you flashed the rom with a wipe, you erased those and have to either reinstall your application you used to backup, or just reinstall your Apps.

As to default apps missing, you have to be sure to select them for install depending on the rom install method.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP, please don't double post. I responded to you 'other' post stating the same thing. Be patient and you'll get responses :)

OP
M

matt.hughes915

Reaction score
I have been playing with this phone for 8 hours straight, and I have no idea what to do right now.. IM so lost, and I really wanna just get it set up and over with.

How do i get all the orgional apps back on the phone?

OP
M

matt.hughes915

Reaction score
yes I was fianlly able to rebot into recovery and restore.. I got back to the 2.0.1 and everything was just the way I left it.. I went back into the ROM manager and tried to install the new ROM again 2.1 , and now Im hoping everything went with it...

OP
M

matt.hughes915

Reaction score
now its in the dreaded boot loop someone just told me about, it says droid then turns off and on, droid and then turns off and on

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First: To deal with apps..before flashing any Roms back them up with titanium or astro. If you do that you can restore them easily.

Now to deal with your boot loop

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
now its in the dreaded boot loop someone just told me about, it says droid then turns off and on, droid and then turns off and on

The boot loop is caused by not doing a data wipe going from 2.0.1 to 2.1 and vice versa. Boot into recovery and wipe data and cache then reflash the ROM and you should be set.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ima paste a copy of clockwork recovery for a visual tool

ClockworkMod Recovery:
main.png
directory.png

OP
M

matt.hughes915

Reaction score
I just did a battery pull, held the x key, and opened the restore file from clockwork orange, the phone went back to 2.0.1

then i re did the 2.1 upgrade to the cyanogen mod, this time it asked me to enter all my google information everything is their..

the only problem this looks werird is.... the 3D menu.. the words are not exacly under the icons, they are to the side and chopped off?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Switch home screens. A good app to get is home switcher. I makes it quicker to switch between the home screen and the launcher.