Got my cheap Chinese "case."

mitchb2

Reaction score
Black SILICONE CASE FOR VERIZON MOTOROLA DROID A855 - eBay (item 250603907794 end time Apr-19-10 04:30:40 PDT)

Hoo, boy is this thing crap.
For $3 I wasn't expecting an Otterbox. :)

It's thin rubber. It doesn't snap onto the Droid in any way.
You lay the Droid into the bottom half, then the top half connects to the bottom half with a little plastic rod that slides into a plastic slot. There's a rod-slot combo on the top and bottom.

Actually not a terrible idea, because it's really easy to take off for docking.

Problem is, it's flimsy rubber. If it had any kind of rigidity it might not be a bad way to go. But the rubber edges around the screen flop around.

Oh, and it needs a hole for the noise canceling mic, but that was to be expected.

I guess I'll use it until I find that right case.

fullthrottle

Reaction score
i was looking into buying that but i wanted to know how does it fit around the phone? Does the droid fit in there nice n tight so the case meaning the case holds it well? Thanks

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Does the droid fit in there nice n tight so the case meaning the case holds it well? Thanks

I wouldn't say tight. There's some play on the sides. For three bucks I say buy it and if you don't like it you can easily get your three bucks back by reselling it.

For now it's good enough for me until someone recognizes a need and makes the case we're looking for.

I do like the rubbery texture because it gives a better grip, and when I use the camera I always feel like I'm going to drop the phone.