1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Got my cheap Chinese "case."

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by mitchb2, Apr 24, 2010.

1. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

Black SILICONE CASE FOR VERIZON MOTOROLA DROID A855 - eBay (item 250603907794 end time Apr-19-10 04:30:40 PDT)

Hoo, boy is this thing crap.
    For $3 I wasn't expecting an Otterbox. :)

It's thin rubber. It doesn't snap onto the Droid in any way.
    You lay the Droid into the bottom half, then the top half connects to the bottom half with a little plastic rod that slides into a plastic slot. There's a rod-slot combo on the top and bottom.

Actually not a terrible idea, because it's really easy to take off for docking.

Problem is, it's flimsy rubber. If it had any kind of rigidity it might not be a bad way to go. But the rubber edges around the screen flop around.

Oh, and it needs a hole for the noise canceling mic, but that was to be expected.

I guess I'll use it until I find that right case.
  2. Bohemian

Bohemian New Member

Looks like a standard silicon skin to me.
  3. fullthrottle

fullthrottle New Member

i was looking into buying that but i wanted to know how does it fit around the phone? Does the droid fit in there nice n tight so the case meaning the case holds it well? Thanks
  4. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

I wouldn't say tight. There's some play on the sides. For three bucks I say buy it and if you don't like it you can easily get your three bucks back by reselling it.

For now it's good enough for me until someone recognizes a need and makes the case we're looking for.

I do like the rubbery texture because it gives a better grip, and when I use the camera I always feel like I'm going to drop the phone.