Got MAXX for $169.99!!!

MaXGTS

Reaction score
Walked into Verizon earlier today to upgrade my OG Droid to the Razr Maxx. I was expecting to pay $299.99 - $30(NE2). Sales rep tells me I'm eligible for a significant corporate discount. I asked how much will the phone cost. Then he drops the bombshell. $169.99 is your total price for the phone!! I had to pick my jaw up off the counter. Totally shocked. I will also continue getting 18% discount on my plan and 25% off accessories. It still hasn't sunk in that I got the phone so cheap.

25smxyh.jpg

Attachments

• 25smxyh.jpg
    25smxyh.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 437

DIESEL-USMC

Reaction score
I want so bad to say Congrats......however because I was told I'd be paying almost $150 more for a maxx I stayed with the reg razr.....its really not bad. I haven't charged since yesterday morning and I'm still about 40%....but I would like to say %#%&--&$#_+&$#_! Hahaha....naw Congrats!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M

MaXGTS

Reaction score
On a funny side note. He told me I could trade in my OG Droid and put the money towards the Razr. He looked up the value and said $16. I laughed and said I'll keep the phone and use it as a music streamer via wifi when I'm out doing yard work.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
You can Craigslist it for $60 to $100 probably. People on Cricket will buy them.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the great deal!!

I love those corporate discounts!! ;)

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Darn, I get the corporate discounts as well, however, they were doing me a favor by selling me the phone at the two year price even though I had 14 months still left on my contract.

That is excellent though, I think at $299 it is a great phone, at $169 it is an insane phone, congrats!!

cece5702

Reaction score
Hmmm.....Did you get a Goverment/Corporate discount on the purchase of the phone or just accessories? I have a Goverment Employee discount on my account which applies to accessories but I'm not sure about the purchase of a new phone. They are offering me at $50 discount (NE2).
Walked into Verizon earlier today to upgrade my OG Droid to the Razr Maxx. I was expecting to pay $299.99 - $30(NE2). Sales rep tells me I'm eligible for a significant corporate discount. I asked how much will the phone cost. Then he drops the bombshell. $169.99 is your total price for the phone!! I had to pick my jaw up off the counter. Totally shocked. I will also continue getting 18% discount on my plan and 25% off accessories. It still hasn't sunk in that I got the phone so cheap.

25smxyh.jpg

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Wow, the Razr Maxx retails for only $650? Thats pretty good actually. The Rezound retails for $800.

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
I got that same deal when i got my RAZR when is first came out. Gotta love employer discounts. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

flashme18

Reaction score
what type of corporate discount do you have? I work for a company that allows me to get 18-20% off my verizon bill. But I didn't get anything off the phone above my upgrade discount of 50 bucks.