Got BB 2.1 installed... new questions raised...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Razr, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Razr

Razr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok i got BB installed from this link:

[ROM] Android 2.1 Bugless Beast v0.5 by Pete (2/25/10)

IN the included apps section it says that setcpu and wireless tether are included.

How do i access them?

Another question is how do i get the droid to run faster (overclock)? I have no idea where the Droid tells you how fast it is running already.

Kinda of confused yet proud that i got this done to this point.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In order to overclock your DROID, you need to install a custom kernel that allows for overclocking, and you will also need the "setcpu" app.

to install the kernel you can download any of the ones from the link you posted and rename it to update.zip.
    -Place update.zip on the root of sdcard
    -Reboot into recovery
    -Install
    -Allow update.zip installation
    -Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)

and then reboot your phone.
    go to the "setcpu" app, if you dont have it download it from the market for i think $1. and then go into it. when you select your device choose "AUTODETECT" or something along the lines of that. then you'll see 2 bars one for max and one for min. max is on the top, min is underneath it. simply drag the bar to select how fast you want your droid to run at maximum (550 is the default stock speed). after doing that your droid will run as fast as you told it too :)

hope that helps
  3. Razr

Razr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great instructions.

QUick uestion, in the link i used it shows that setcpu and wireless tether are included in the rom. How do i find them on the phone after i installed the rom?
  4. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They would be with the rest of your applications. For setcpu it may have been removed from the app due to it being a payed app, you'd have to check the change log. For wireless tether if its not on your phone then you can download it online. I believe somebody posted a link to it in another thread on this site.