Got an idea for a Dev...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by TheSwaggeR, Jan 17, 2011.

1. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would do this myself but I'm still in the learning phase of creating icons and text icons myself. Including the many use of Photoshop. But one day I'll be caught up to develope themes, apps, and possibly my own kind of ROM.

But I had an idea that I'd really like to see developed here. If you are familiar with ADW and LP (LPP too) and some custom ROMs allowing you to make your dock scrollable then you'll know what I'm talking about here.

Here's my idea. Since we have scrollable docks, to scroll our app icons to the left and right (if we put quite a few apps on the dock) for our own purpose due to some apps being used a lot and makes it quicker to just scroll left or right and click it instead of click the Home or Apps button that takes us to all of our apps we have. How about, instead of scrolling left to right, it would be a scrollable circle? Even include the Home or APPs button in it?

It's kind of hard to detail it and if I could make a picture of it I would. But basically every app (or text app) that is brought to the front would be enlarged and ready to be clicked on. When scrolling it to the left or right it will be reduced to a smaller size and rotate along with the next app. All the other apps in the circle (when not brought out front) can be visible or not. If not visible you will still see the app to the right of the center and to the left of the center. But if all apps are visible you will see it in the rotation.

Think of it like a 5 shooter revolver. The cylinder rotates right? Let's replace the bullets with apps. All the apps that are in the firing chamber will be awaiting to be. The app in the firing chamber will be ready to go (clicked on).

I'd like to see this on a dock just to make it even more cool than scrolling left to right. Just a better looking effect.

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Member

Ratings:
    +0