Got a samsung vibrant on my possession

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones Forum' started by cromo8, Jul 13, 2010.

1. cromo8

cromo8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone have any questions about it?

2. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you root it yet? If not what the hell is taking you so long?

3. cromo8

cromo8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    haha its not mine it just arrived at my store

4. jake21

jake21 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard there is a bug with the galaxy s line that it will freeze when accessing memory. Have you observed this behavior ?

5. danDroid

danDroid Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +260
    How are you liking it?

6. smithswann

smithswann New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got my Samsung Galaxy S / TMobile Vibrant 9:00 Juky 15th. So far I like it very much! I can even geocache on it however it sucks the battery power doing so. Feels very nice to hold, it IS bigger than my behold however alot slimmer and fun to play with. Have not had any problems with it freezing however I have noticed it gets warm with alot of use, which I am contacting TMobile to question this as I'm sure cannot be a good thing!

7. jake21

jake21 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you dislike anything about this phone or tmobile? I've looked at it a couple of times and so far the only thing (while at store) that I noticed is the hump at the bottom but it otherwise seems pretty nice. The reason I asked for the negatives is that it helps me gauge what I should check out abuot the phone in the store. Been debating a while between galaxy s, evo or droid x.

8. ghaselbe

ghaselbe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got one about a week ago and so far am very pleased with it. Because the screen is so large, I was worried about how it would feel in my pocket (especially compared to my Motorola RAZR flip phone), but it is so slim it feels fine. I have started carrying the Vibrant in a belt holster when I am working outside in the yard because I am worried about damaging/cracking the phone, but I think it's actually pretty tough based on a video I saw about it.

I also noticed it can get somewhat warm when in extended use, but there is a lot going on under the hood, so I just assumed this was normal.

I replaced the 2GB micro SD with a larger one (especially since 3/4 of the included card is taken up with the movie Avatar). At first it seemed like I could not get the phone to recognize the new card. This is my first Android phone and it may just have been my unfamiliarity: what I finally think I figured out is that, when the card was inserted and the syncing cable connected to the computer, the phone treated the memory as if it were mounted on the computer, not the phone. As soon as I quit the computer sync process and removed the cable, the "No SD card installed" message went away, and the phone recognized the new memory.

Its standby battery time is quite good, but things like Navigation burn up a lot of juice if they are in use for a while. With moderate use, I'm getting in the habit of re-charging every night. That's quite a change from my RAZR, which could go for many days...but then all I every did on it was phone calls and an occasional text.

9. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The phone cannot access the sd card while the phone is mounted to the computer. That is what it sounds like happened to you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. ghaselbe

ghaselbe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I was pretty sure that was what was happening, but appreciate you confirming that's what it was, and not a fluke.

11. jake21

jake21 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So you have to copy data to the card outside the phone and then put it in the phone ?

12. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When you connect your phone to your pc, it gives you the option in the norification bar to mount the sd card. While mounted, you can transfer files to and from the sd card , then unmount it from your computer and the phone recognizes it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

loacate my droid

where can i find my model code samsung galaxy s4