Got a RAZR, was it a bad decision?

VooDooCC

Reaction score
The wife sent me to add a line and get her a data plan. I had planned on getting the free bionic, but according to the 2 guys working, there is no possible way to get a new one since everyone is sold out and the warehouse is out too. I kinda paniced and didn't know what to do. It was getting late and I wanted to get in on the double data, so I just said go with the RAZR. Should I regret my decision and switch it out for something different. Her criteria was cheap, good radio, good battery. Oh, she also says she misses a physical keyboard, and they didn't have any droid 4's at the kiosk in the mall. The main store was closed by the time I got across town.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
She will love it! The radios, reception, everything about the phone is superb! For the lack of physical keyboard, Introduce her to swype. I use to think I needed a physical keyboard until I discovered swype and even on my og droid, I never touched my keyboard after swype. All she will need to do is trace her finger over the letters of the word she is typing and wah lah, it miraculously knows the word, automatically puts a space after every word. It is the easiest way to type.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Dog097

Reaction score
I have the bionic but both are great choices!I learned not to listen to Verizon when they check for stock.I was told that I could get a bionic at the local kiosk but when I called again they were out and said the nearest one was over two hours away.WRONG!I called a store twenty five minutes away and they had two.If they can't get you're business they don't want anyone to.I use Swype and it works great!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that you could swap it for a Droid 4 since it's within 15 days, and since you've already signed the contract the double data should stick. Since she wants a physical keyboard, that is the best option.

EDIT: I actually miss having a physical keyboard, but in my case that's because those work much better for DOS emulators and the Linux terminal.

OP
V

VooDooCC

Reaction score
She's starting to like it already...drat...I was hoping she would think it's too big and give it to me and use my droid 2 instead :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
VooDooCC said:
She's starting to like it already...drat...I was hoping she would think it's too big and give it to me and use my droid 2 instead :)

Oh, you will be lucky if she lets you play with it once in awhile, lol!

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
Don't forget to show her how to use the "dictate" function for texts!

OP
V

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Oh, you will be lucky if she lets you play with it once in awhile, lol!

It's to that point already, I was setting up different options for her and she was getting antsy and asked for it back, lol.

Don't forget to show her how to use the "dictate" function for texts!
Do you mean the speech to text option? She never had good luck with that on my droid 2, I wonder if this one's a little better.